Create your very own festive dessert buffet of miniature contrasting shades!
Macaron, the two-layered, fanciful multicoloured delight.
With a dome like shelled shape, these luxurious bites are charming in their appearance, crispy in their texture, and sweet in their taste.
These delicate pastry puffs resemble burger buns, with creamy textures between two single Macarons.
Flavours accented by a slightly fruity crunch are a unique experience, like strawberry and raspberry, or a lemon zest.
Yet, flavours of almond and chocolate, take centre stage in this signature creation.
However, the classic heavenly Macarons are a combination of ground Almonds, powdered Sugar, and Egg whites. And of course, the Buttercream filling that holds the two crispy crusts together.
Making Macarons is a famously difficult task. Yet, with a few tips by DESIblitz, you will make the perfect Macaron every time!
Remember, don’t give up, and soon you will master the secrets for preparing the paste, knowing its drying time, and other characteristics of this beauty!
Rooh Afza and Saffron Cardamom Macarons
The rose flavoured syrup, mixed with powdery saffron cardamom, resulting in a Macaron?
Indeed, a rather elegant mixture and a somewhat Desi taste!
This ethnic twist to the classic French treats is beyond imagination.
Stir the rich and incredibly versatile Rooh Afza with the butter, cream, and egg whites, to create a timeless dessert.
Still confused? Check out the recipe here.
The nutty crunch!
Using crushed pistachio flour and buttercream, you can turn the powdered sugar and egg whites into green treats.
Pistachios are a South Asian garnishing gem, used to beautifully decorate Desi desserts. Such as Gajar ka Halwa and Firni.
Now, try this Desi treasure with the French speciality.
Sprinkled with a handful of nuts, these green circles do not disappoint!
Try it here with this recipe.
This recipe combines strawberry jam or frozen-dried crushed strawberries, with pink food colouring.
For the colour, instead of liquid, use a food colour paste. As the liquid alters the texture of the Macaron.
DESIblitz Tip: Add the colouring to the egg whites while whisking. This will help settle its shade before the baking.
This recipe is unbelievably intense in flavour and melts in your mouth.
Ideal for those who want a simple, yet, a tasty bite!
However, if you want to be a little more creative and romantic, why not design heart shaped Macarons with this recipe here.
The touch of yellow lemon curd!
Indulge in the egg whites and almond flour, combined with lemon zest and lemon juice.
A refreshing, long-lasting flavour.
Yet, if you wish to feel a little more refreshed, enjoy these beautifully presented twists with herbal or green tea.
Eager to try this Macaron colouring and flavouring? Check it out here.
Perhaps, you haven’t heard of this one before!
A rather vibrant and funky selection. Plus, a great way to use up those juicy orange fruits laying around in your kitchen basket.
This recipe from The Novice Chef Blog also includes decorating ideas. In addition, it recommends using only one clementine zest for the domes, and three teaspoons of clementine juice for the buttercream mixture.
Create your own delicious clementine Macarons with this recipe.
Pure mint or peppermint extracts, make these minty green beauties.
To make this Macaron packed with great taste, add in mint chocolate ganache cream, and a pinch of cocoa powder. This combination will surely give you a delicious and satisfying taste.
If you love your mint touches, then you certainly need to try this Macaron flavour!
Experiment this combination here.
Hazelnut Chocolate Macarons
The contrasting shades of champagne and dark brown. A chocolate lover’s delight!
Try this heavenly combination of the Italian Meringue and the Nutella Ganache. Creating a perfect afternoon tea treat.
These little beauties have an aromatic chocolate breeze, filled with thick and chewy ingredients.
Check out the recipe for Hazelnut Chocolate Macarons below from Butter Baking.
- Almond Meal 300g
- Cocoa Powder 60g
- Icing Sugar 300g
- Caster Sugar 300g
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 and a half Teaspoon of Coffee Powder
- Vanilla Extract 1 Tablespoon
- Water 75ml
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
- 400g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Finely cut Milk Chocolate 400g
- Double Cream 200g
- Unsalted Butter 50g
- Nutella 100g
DESIblitz Tip: Buy a Silicone Macaroon Mould Mat, to ensure your masterpieces are equally shaped.
- Depending on how many you wish to make, line up the trays with baking paper.
- Now, sieve and mix together, the icing sugar, cocoa, and almond meal into a bowl.
- Mix 2 large egg whites, vanilla extract and coffee powder together.
- To make an Italian Meringue. Whisk the remaining egg whites in an electric mixer. Leave this on slow speed. Meanwhile, stir together the caster sugar and water in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- As soon as the sugar mixture reaches 115c, turn off the heat. And, turn the egg whites to a higher speed until they soften.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the eggs, and continue to whisk.
- Fold the Italian Meringue, into the almond mixture, in three sections.
- Stir everything together, until the mixture has a smooth and thick consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a medium nozzle and pipe.
- Begin piping circles according to your mat shapes.
- Set the baking trays of Macarons aside for about 30 minutes. This will help them develop their shape.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C.
- After baking the Macarons for 10 minutes, open the oven to let out any steam and continue the baking procedure for another 10 minutes.
- Once the Macarons are crisp and shiny, get them out and let them cool completely, while you make the Ganache.
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
- Add your perfectly shaped chocolate into a heatproof tray or bowl.
- Bring the cream to boil and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate is combined with the cream.
- Place it in the refrigerator until the ganache mixture is firm.
- Now, add the Nutella and Butter into the ganache.
- To mix them all together, use a blender or a food processor.
- Spread the ganache, with a spoon or a piping fitted bag, into the centre inside of each single Macaron.
- Make a sandwich with its partner!
- Keep refrigerated until firm.
As you can see, there is a variety of flavours for these tasty Macarons. Yet, the basic ingredients are the same.
You can be versatile with these recipes and choose any kind of filling.
So, pick your favourite, and create your very own festive dessert buffet of miniature contrasting shades!
Enjoy your scrumptious Macarons!