"We share a lot of similarities as two nations."
Plan Your Entertainment (PYE) partners with DESIblitz to give away a pair of tickets each for India vs Pakistan Comedy Clash: Breaking Barriers with Comedy and Laughter in Manchester on Saturday, March 2, 2019, and London on Friday, March 8, 2019.
Following the grand success of the 2018 event, India vs Pakistan Comedy Clash returns for 2019 as a 2-city tour held in Manchester and London.
This unique and hilarious two-hour comedy show will aim to unite the Indian and Pakistani communities together through laughter.
With British Asians enjoying comedy, this show is already creating a buzz amongst a diverse range of people, including families, professionals, and students.
The shows will welcome 10 exceptionally funny and award-winning comedians, including the host who will entertain everyone.
Both shows will entirely be in English, with the occasional usage of Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
The Manchester clash will see two fantastic comedians each from India and Pakistan battle it out. Whilst 3 comedians on either side will compete in the London clash.
Let’s take a look at the supreme line up for both shows:
Jay Handley (Manchester, London)
Stand-up comedian Jay Handley who will be representing the England team returns as the host for both shows. Handley stole the show in the 2018 India vs Pakistan Comedy Clash, with his casual style and sense of humour.
Lovdev Barpaga (Manchester)
Lovdev Barpaga also known as the ‘Punjabi Warrior’ is a British Asian comedian who was crowned UK Pun Champion 2017.
Jay Sodagar (Manchester)
Jay Sodagar is a British Asian comedian who has a fresh and varied approach. His comedy goes beyond the curries and comedy accents.
Sukh Ojla (London)
Sukh Ojla is a stand-up comedian who frequently performs around London and the UK. Her performances include the Alchemy Festival and BBC Asian Network’s Comedy Night.
Hyde Panaser (London)
Hyde Panaser is a British Punjabi comedian who is famous for his quirky, smart and hilarious jokes. Panaser has a proven track record, producing, writing and presenting several high-quality community radio shows.
Eshaan Akbar (London)
Eshaan Akbar is a funny comic with unforeseen jokes and an elegant expression in his spoken delivery. The British Asian comedian is a diplomatic provocateur.
Jeff Mirza (Manchester)
Jeff Mirza is an experienced British stand-up comedian of Pakistani descent. Mirza won the prestigious BEFFTA (Black Entertainment Film Fashion TV and Arts) ‘Legends Award’ in 2018.
Aatif Nawaz (London)
Aatif Nawaz is a very funny and award-winning British Asian comedian from London. He is a respected act within the comedy circles.
Mani Liaqat (Manchester, London)
Champion of Laughter Challenge UK, Mani Liaqat is famous for odd rants, his humorous voice and multilingual comedy.
Salman Malik (Manchester, London)
Comedy comes very naturally to Salman Malik. He won the ‘Best Comedian’ award at the 2018 Leicester Asian Glitz Awards.
Malik who is also the co-host for the Manchester event spoke exclusively to DESIblitz about the vision behind this event:
“The idea for this event was born 2 years ago and inspiration was my obsession with cricket.
“Like a cricket match, the event has two captains that will toss a coin.”
“We even go as far as playing the national anthems. It’s like taking a situation and being upfront about it.
“There is tension between Pakistan and India but by using comedy as common ground between us we are coming together and rebelling against the idea that we cannot be one.
“We share a lot of similarities as two nations.”
Salman and his team have put their heart and soul into this project. They have loads of surprises for the guests attending.
The unmissable evening will be full of great laughter and banter.
MANCHESTER SHOW DETAILS
Date and Time: Saturday, March 02, 2019 at 7.00pm
Venue: Abraham Moss Community School, Crescent Road, Manchester, M8 5UF
Buy Tickets: India vs Pakistan Comedy Clash Manchester
LONDON SHOW DETAILS
Date and Time: Friday, March 08, 2019 at 8.00pm
Venue: Harrow Arts Centre, 171 Uxbridge Road, Hatch End, London, HA5 4EA
Buy Tickets: India vs Pakistan Comedy Clash London
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the links above.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner for each venue.
To win a pair of FREE tickets to see INDIA VS PAKISTAN COMEDY CLASH, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets for one event. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12 pm on Monday, February 25, 2019. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.