TikTok Video Maker dies of Electric Shock on Indian Railway

A young man from Haryana was killed when he suffered a fatal electric shock. He had been filming a TikTok video on a railway.

TikTok Video Maker dies of Electric Shock on Indian Railway f

Suraj Meena explained that the overhead wires have 25,000 volts.

A 25-year-old man was making a TikTok video on a railway when he was electrocuted, killing him instantly.

The incident happened in Panipat, Haryana.

The young man, Vikas, was with his friends on the railway when they decided to make a TikTok video. At around 4 am, he climbed up the electrical pole as he was desperate to make a good video.

He continued to climb higher, however, he accidentally touched one of the high voltage overhead wires and was electrocuted.

Vikas died instantly and his friends ran away. His body was hanging on the wire for around two hours until a passerby alerted the police.

Police officers transferred the case to the Government Railway Police (GRP). The GRP arrived at the scene, shut off the power and took the deceased’s body down.

Vikas was sent to a hospital while police have seized his mobile phone.

An investigation revealed that Vikas lived with his mother after both his father and uncle died. He has an elder brother who is currently serving a prison sentence.

His cousin Bhupendra told officers that Vikas planned to enlist in the Army.

GRP officer Suraj Meena explained that the overhead wires have 25,000 volts. Even if the voltage is reduced, it will still have 11,000.

GRP officers believe that Vikas and his friends had been drinking prior to his death.

When they were drunk, they suggested that they should make TikTok videos. Vikas wanted to make a good quality one so he climbed up the electric pole.

By doing this, he came into contact with the high voltage wires and was killed.

GRP officers revealed that this was not the first death as a result of a TikTok video. Since 2018, five youths in Panipat have died.

In 2019, three youths had been on a bridge filming a TikTok video. They tried to film a fast-moving train but ended up being hit by it.

In another case, a young man filmed himself inserted a compression pipe into his private parts, however, he ended up dying.

Other cases across India include one man having a gun pointed at his face for a TikTok video. But his friend accidentally pressed the trigger and shot him dead.

DSP Satish Vats stated that TikTok makers should not risk their lives when making a video.

He went on to say that people should not pressure others into risking their lives and that life is too precious to risk.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”

What's New



  • Polls

    Should you be sued for your Sexual Orientation?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...