"Health is a private matter."
The family of veteran screenwriter Salim Khan has expressed strong dissatisfaction over the public release of detailed medical information following his hospitalisation.
The 90-year-old industry icon was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai on February 17, 2026, after suffering a minimal brain haemorrhage.
While fans have been anxious for news, the Khan family has reportedly taken a firm stand against the hospital’s decision to share specific clinical updates with the media.
Sources close to the family indicate that Salman Khan and his siblings were particularly unhappy with the public statements made by the medical team.
Dr Jalil Parkar, who is overseeing the treatment, had previously informed reporters that the screenwriter was stable but placed on ventilator support as a precautionary measure.
An insider told that the family believes health matters should remain strictly confidential.
The source said: “Health is a private matter. Ideally, no updates should be shared with the media and any communication should be left entirely to the family, if and when they choose to address fans and well-wishers.”
Following the initial media briefing by the hospital, the Khan family has reportedly conveyed clear instructions to the medical staff and hospital authorities to halt all further public updates.
The family is keen to avoid unnecessary speculation and media scrutiny during this sensitive time.
A report suggested that Salman Khan was “displeased” with the level of detail shared and has requested that privacy be maintained moving forward.
The insider further added:
“Salman and his family were displeased with the doctor’s public statement.”
In response to these concerns, Lilavati Hospital, which typically issues periodic updates for high-profile patients, has reportedly agreed to honour the family’s request.
Any future information regarding Salim Khan’s recovery is expected to come directly from the family rather than through official medical bulletins.
Despite the friction over privacy, the medical news remains positive.
Salim Khan was brought to the emergency department after experiencing dizziness caused by a spike in blood pressure.
He underwent a Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) procedure, which doctors clarified was not a surgery but a diagnostic intervention.
Dr Jalil Parkar had earlier stated: “There was no surgery performed. It was a procedure which we usually do.
“He had a brain haemorrhage which was very minimal, which did not require any surgical intervention.
“He is fine, stable, and being shifted back to the ICU. By tomorrow, if all goes well… he will be off the ventilator.”
The entire Khan clan has been present at the hospital. Salman Khan, Arbaaz, Sohail, Alvira, and Arpita have all been spotted at the facility alongside Salim Khan’s wives, Salma Khan and Helen.
Longtime friend and creative partner Javed Akhtar also visited the hospital to check on his collaborator’s condition.
Salim Khan, known for co-writing cinematic masterpieces like Sholay and Deewar, is said to be responding well to treatment.








