As part of the DESIblitz Creative Writing Workshops programme, are giving away a pair of free tickets to aspiring poetry writers and lovers a chance to attend Azaad Lafz (Free Words) a unique workshop curated by British Panjabi poet, Rupinder Kaur.
Raising awareness through her poetry, Rupinder Kaur, uses her words to tackle social stigmas. Especially, when it comes to women and identity.
Being conscious about the messages she wants to project through her poetry, Rupinder highlights:
“South Asians are so silent about many issues, especially women’s issues.
“For example, people think it’s okay for a man to do something and not a woman. I did a poem on virginity because it’s still a big thing.
“It’s important to talk about these issues and make it normal.”
In her new collection of poems called Rooh, she addresses the issues of social justice and activism.
Using her art form of poetry writing, Rupinder says:
“I want to change their [peoples’] opinions on a lot of things. I want it to open their mind.”
“I can write about so many things. It [poetry] gives me a platform so I can write about these issues.”
Rupinder started her writing in her “last year of A-levels” so it’s never too late or early to embark on a journey of creative writing.
Her workshop gives you the chance to get close to this incredibly talented poet and to work with her to develop your skills and writing of your own original poetry.
Date and Time: Saturday 29th September 2018 at 2.30pm
Venue: University of Birmingham, Murray Centre, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Buy Tickets: DESIblitz: Rupinder Kaur ‘Azaad Lafz (Free Words)’ Workshop
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the link above.
CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPS
The DESIblitz programme to encourage creative writing is a series of eight workshops running on Saturday 22nd and 29th September 2018, curated by media journalists and established British Asian authors, including Sarfraz Manzoor, Bali Rai and AJ Dhand.
You can get the details for all the other workshops and buy tickets by visiting the link below. Tickets are limited so you are advised to book early.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner for Rupinder Kaur’s workshop.
To win a pair of FREE tickets for Rupinder Kaur’s ‘Azaad Lafz (Free Words)’ Workshop, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets to the event. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12pm on Wednesday 26th September 2018. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, online, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Website, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.