Ranvir Singh to be Contestant on Strictly Come Dancing

Good Morning Britain’s Ranvir Singh has been announced as one of the contestants on the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Ranvir Singh to be Contestant on Strictly Come Dancing f

"I am very thrilled to be on it, thank you!"

Television presenter Ranvir Singh has been confirmed as one of the celebrity contestants taking part in the 2020 series of Strictly Come Dancing.

She confirmed the news on September 2, 2020, on Good Morning Britain.

Ranvir is Good Morning Britain‘s political editor and occasional host. She also appears on other ITV shows like Loose WomenTonight and Eat, Shop, Save.

The Preston-born host is about to start co-hosting a new Sunday morning show called All Around Britain.

Ranvir previously worked as a producer and reporter for the BBC for 12 years and presented BBC North West Tonight.

Ranvir said she felt “complete terror” at the idea of taking part, likening it to “embarking on a rollercoaster”.

She said: “The initial feeling of being confirmed for Strictly is one of complete terror – feels like embarking on a rollercoaster, where you really want to do it but you are equally scared.

“Hopefully after the first dance, I will feel exhilarated rather than sick!”

Ranvir joked that the only training she had done so far was eating fewer crisps. She said she was looking forward to the show regularly testing her for Covid-19 for her own peace of mind.

She added: “I am very thrilled to be on it, thank you!

“I am worried about sleep deprivation because I am carrying on this job, I am worried about energy levels.”

Ranvir Singh was the fourth contestant to be announced on Strictly Come Dancing. She joins singer Max George, actress Caroline Quentin and former NFL player Jason Bell.

Comedian Bill Bailey has also been added to the show.

Olympic gold medallist boxer Nicola Adams is rumoured to join the show and will reportedly be part of the first-ever same-sex couple.

A BBC spokesman could not confirm Adams’ involvement on Strictly and said:

“The rest of the line-up will be announced in due course.”

Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the show will be shorter than usual.

Bruno Tonioli will be missing from the judging panel for Saturday night shows when the series returns because he is in Los Angeles, where he is a judge on the US version of the show, Dancing with the Stars, and will not be able to travel back and forth.

But he will be involved remotely in the results show every Sunday night.

Bruno will return to the show full-time towards the end of the series.

Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse and Craig Revel Horwood are all expected to return to their judging roles.

The show usually starts at the end of September, with the final just before Christmas, but its 2020 launch is expected to be slightly delayed.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”