The actor might be summoned again if required.
Ranveer Singh’s recent tell-all became a controversial topic for reasons one might not expect.
Ever since Ranveer Singh’s nude photoshoot was unveiled in Paper Magazine, an uproar emerged amongst many, especially women.
The furore escalated, an official complaint was filed, and now Ranveer Singh has come forward to record his statement.
The statement, which was delayed by a few days due to the Gully Boy actor’s filming schedule, stated that Ranveer Singh did not know the photo shoot would create much trouble for him.
He added that he had not uploaded the controversial photos, reports ETimes.
An officer said: “While he admitted to having uploaded a few pictures on social media, he denied uploading the picture which was stark. We are collecting technical evidence.”
It is further reported that the actor was asked for details of the shoot contract, the origin of the idea, and who uploaded it on social media.
Ranveer Singh, who was questioned for a little over two hours, is believed to have told police that the shoot was not meant for India.
The officials investigating the case said that the actor might be summoned again if required.
According to Hindustan Times, Ranveer Singh had been summoned by the Mumbai police in connection with the case filed against him over his recent ‘bold’ photoshoot.
The news came after a complaint had been filed against him for “hurting sentiments of women.” The complainant had sought to register an FIR against the actor. A report stated:
“Ranveer has been asked to appear at the concerned station on August 22.”
“Ranveer had recently posed nude for a cover shoot, following which a number of cases had been filed against him in Mumbai, alleging that his shoot hurt the sentiments of women.”
Previously, it was reported that a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) had been initiated by the West Bengal government to seize all printed copies of the said magazine’s recent cover that carries Ranveer Singh’s nude photos.
According to The Indian Express, a PIL was initiated in the Calcutta High Court by advocate Nazia Ilahi Khan in early August alleging that the cover photo is “obscene as per the opinion of the public at large.”
Apart from demanding all printed copies of Paper Magazine’s recent cover be seized, Nazia Ilahi Khan also seeks to block the magazine’s website within India’s West Bengal.