Sohaila's tribute to Bollywood films from the sixties and seventies era
DESIblitz in association with The Drum in Birmingham and Kriti UK are excited to offer our readers the chance to win free tickets to watch the amazing performance of Mahim Junction at The Drum.
Bollywood has come a long way since the sixties and seventies with today’s films using the wizardry of special effects, highly polished productions and major budgets. However, the attraction of the Indian films from the sixties and seventies has a very special place in Bollywood with major stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Shashi Kapoor, Zeenat Aman, Parveen Babi, Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra, Sharmila Tagore, Mumtaz and Asha Parekh making that era of Indian films a very memorable period.
Mahim Junction touring the UK from India, is an affectionate spoof about the idyllic films of India during the cool sixties and suave seventies, which a generation of Indians and non-Indians grew up watching.
Focusing on a period of time when Indian film heroes wore their hearts on their sleeves and villans paved the mean streets of Mumbai with gold, this incredible performance paints an endearing portrait of the city that was and still is India’s commercial hub, covering politics, corruption, socialism, and the glue which held it all together: love, song, dance and seduction!
Originally called ‘Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan’ the now titled Mahim Junction is wonderful celebration and Sohaila’s tribute to Bollywood films from the sixteis and seventies era.
“I grew up with this type of Bollywood, as did everyone else from that era. It was stylised, enthralling, colourful and completely mad.”
SHOW DATES AND TIMES
Venue: The Drum, 144 Potters Lane, Aston, Birmingham, B6 4UU.
Dates and Times: Saturday 12th November 2011 at 7.30pm and Sunday 13th November 2011 at 3.00pm
SPECIALLY DISCOUNTED TICKETS
DESIblitz gives you the chance to buy tickets for this fantastic show at a special discounted rate. This is limited to a first come first serve basis. ONLY 30 TICKETS are available at this special price.
Call The Drum box-office on 0121 333 2444 and quote ‘DESIBLITZ’ as your discount code to get each ticket at only £8.00, instead of £12 and £15 at the door.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To watch this amazing show at the Drum in Birmingham, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now to win a free pair of tickets!
The competition closes at 1:00pm on Saturday 12th November 2011. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.