"I don't do any other work, just music, music."
DESIblitz has teamed up with The Drum, Jazba Entertainment and Mirza Video to give our readers the chance to win free tickets to watch ‘Malkoo’ perform live at The Drum on Sunday 13th November 2011.
‘Malkoo’ aka Mohammad Ashraf Malik, hailing from Sargodha in Pakistan’s Punjab is a versatile and accomplished poet, singer song writer. Having released several albums and smash hits including the infamous ‘Kala Jora’, his unique and distinct rustic voice has won him a huge following in Pakistan, India and the Punjabi diaspora across the world. His vitality and vigor are unmatched amongst his peers, with his live performances creating an infectious energy which gets the audiences tapping their feet and singing along to his songs.
In his younger years, Malkoo attended and got his High School Degree (which is known as a Matric Degree) from Malikwal Government High School Malik Wal Mandi Bhaud Din. In Lahore, he got his Masters Degree in English. He started writing songs for other artists. One such example is Waris Baig’s album Aa Ja Nach Lay. Malkoo was inspired by Pakistani folk singer Mansoor Malangi.
His own favourite song is ‘Chubara’ which is a constant reminder for him of his twelve year struggle to get noticed the music scene. He arrived to Lahore in 1992 to study and it was not until 2004 when he released his first album “Sochna Vi Na” and since then has released 10 further albums.
Malkoo is a very determined artist who has huge passion and love for music. In a television interview on ‘A Morning with Farah’ he said:
“You can sit me wherever you like and talk about music but if you sat and talked politics or anything else I would get bored. But if you talked about music I would sit with you all day!”
Malkoo has devoted his life to his music and says: “I don’t do any other work, just music, music.”
It was Malkoo’s mother who said he sang well as he recited a song for another artist. And since that encouragement he decided not only to write song but to sing himself too.
When composing songs he does not switch off and even whilst sleeping if he has an idea for a song, he will wake up and record it into his mobile phone to recall the next day! So, music plays a major role in his life.
You can see this wonderful artist perform live on stage in Birmingham at The Drum.
The show starts at 7.30pm on Sunday 13th November 2011.
This special family concert features some of the top popular artists coming out of Pakistan today. On stage, Malkoo is joined by Ms Adia Khan, Saleem Kamran and Kubra Malik.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To win a free pair of free tickets for this amazing concert, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now!
We have three pairs of tickets to give away. One entry will allow you to win two tickets for you to go with a friend or family member. The competition closes at 5.00pm on Saturday 12th November 2011. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.