“I am a beautiful peacock"
Birmingham Repertory Theatre (The REP) in association with DESIblitz bring you the wonderful chance to watch the brilliantly contemporary production, Starting Out, on Saturday 15th October 2016.
Starting Out follows the career journeys of five young women in the Midlands. The minimal stage focuses on each woman as they recall their own experiences as they attempt to get onto the career ladder.
The intimate production at Birmingham REP’s The Door sees monologues written by acclaimed playwrights including Janice Connolly, Charlene James. Lorna Laidlaw, Manjeet Mann, and Susie Sillett. It is directed by Caroline Wilkes.
Starting Out is Funny, Moving and Completely Relevant
“I am a beautiful peacock,” begins Jalleh Alizadeh. Each actress completely owns the stage. Alizadeh, Rosalyn Norford, Luanda Holness, Phoebe Brown and Katerina Demetraki all offer outstanding performances.
Starting Out accurately represents the modern age of millennial women struggling to make themselves stand out in their professions. It humorously balances real life experiences of home and work and unveils the deep concerns of today’s female population.
The intimate and stripped back setting of The Door enhances the monologues. And audiences will find themselves being swept up by the wonderful storytelling performed by five talented women.
It is hard not to empathise or relate to their struggles and emotions, they are both personal yet and each one ends on a climactic note that will sit with the audience for a long time after.
Director Caroline Wilkes has done a great job in bringing these vivid experiences to life.
Starting Out will run at The REP between 12th and 15th October 2016.
With The REP’s mission to offer a platform for young actors and performers, this is one poignant storytelling experience you must see!
For more details about Starting Out, please visit The REP website here.
Date and Time: 8.00pm Saturday 15th October 2016.
Venue: Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EP.
Buy Tickets: The REP
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the link above.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
To win a pair of FREE tickets for STARTING OUT at The REP, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets to the match. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12.00pm on Friday 14th October 2016. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.