Watch The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips for its standout performances
Birmingham Repertory Theatre (The REP) in association with DESIblitz bring you the wonderful chance to watch the critically acclaimed play, 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips on Saturday 15th October 2016.
This heart-warming musical about family, love and friendship is based on critically-acclaimed author Michael Morpurgo’s novel, The Amazing Story Of Adolphus Tips.
It follows the journey of 12-year-old Lily who lives in Slapton Sands in Devon. The year is 1944 and American troops are preparing to occupy Lily’s home and use it as a training ground.
Amidst all this chaos and commotion, Lily, loses Tips, her treasured cat. She is left pining after her absent father who is currently in France and has to learn to share her lessons with evacuees from London.
946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips is an Uplifting Musical Adventure
The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips will leave you with an array of emotions. It combines humour, music, dance, drama, romance, and loss all rolled into an uplifting story about life during the second world war.
Director Emma Rice and the Kneehigh cast and composer use an intricate mix of props and theatrics to bring Morpurgo’s creation to life. Puppetry features throughout the show and the actors must be applauded for mastering the craft in addition to acting, singing and dancing.
The play will mesmerise you from the get go, and the soulful Blues band will keep families entertained throughout.
Watch The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips for its standout performances. There are even cameo appearances from Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill!
While Katy Owen must be commended on her brilliant performance of Lily Tregenza, special mentions must go to the incredibly talented Ncuti Gatwa and Nandi Bhebhe who play American soldiers, Adi and Harry. They are a delight on stage.
946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips will run at The REP between 6th and 15th October 2016.
With The REP’s mission to engage young people and families with its musical performances, you have the amazing chance to win a pair of to see this unmissable show!
For more details about 946: The Amazing Story of Adolphus Tips, please visit The REP website here.
Date and Time: 7.30pm Saturday 15th October 2016.
Venue: Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EP.
Buy Tickets: The REP
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the link above.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
To win a pair of FREE tickets for 946: THE AMAZING STORY OF ADOLPHUS TIPS at The REP, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets to the match. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12.00pm on Friday 14th October 2016. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.