“It is a truth universally acknowledged..."
Birmingham Repertory Theatre (The REP) in association with DESIblitz bring you the fantastic chance to watch a re-telling of the classic Jane Austen novel, Pride and Prejudice, on Saturday 12th November 2016.
This universally loved tale is regarded as one of Jane Austen’s finest novels, and one of the best English classics that you can lay your hands on.
Now the romantic comedy has been adapted by Simon Reade for the stage. Starring Matthew Kelly (Of Mice And Men – Olivier Award Winner For Best Actor) as Mr Bennet and Felicity Montagu (Bridget Jones’s Diary) as Mrs Bennet.
Our two favourite lovers, Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet are played by Benjamin Dilloway (Of Mice And Men) and Tafline Steen (King Charles III).
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Pride and Prejudice follows the five Bennet sisters as they struggle to search for a suitable husband.
Elder sisters Jane and Elizabeth come across two eligible bachelors, the lovable and kind Mr Bingley and his best friend, the arrogant Mr Darcy.
Sharing a keen dislike for each other Elizabeth and Darcy regularly run into each other and despite their social class differences end up finding a common ground.
The play has already enjoyed a sold-out run at Regent’s Park Theatre.
Pride and Prejudice will run at The REP between 8th November and 12th November 2016.
Celebrating 200 years of Jane Austen, this is one classic romance you surely don’t want to miss!
For more details about Pride and Prejudice, please visit The REP website here.
Date and Time: 7.30pm Saturday 12th November 2016.
Venue: Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2EP.
Buy Tickets: The REP
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the link above.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
To win a pair of FREE tickets for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE at The REP, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets to the play. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12.00pm on Friday 11th November 2016. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.