his favourite one-liner is 'Challo shaddo'
DESIblitz.com in association with One World Productions gives you the chance of winning free tickets to watch Harbhajan Mann on his Baisakhi Blast Tour of the UK. We have 20 tickets up for grabs for the Birmingham show on Saturday evening 3rd April 2010 at the Aston Arena.
Harbhajan Mann is a leading Punjabi singer and actor who has recently performed at the Cultural Olympiad in Vancouver to mark the 2010 Winter Olympics. And now this superb artist is on his special Baisakhi Blast Tour performing live on stage with his band.
The singing sensation and heart-throb actor, Harbhajan Mann, was born on 30th December, 1965. Harbhajan Mann began singing in 1980-81 as an amateur who used to perform in local shows for the Asian community while in his school in Canada. His aspirations to sing professionally were sparked when he studied music from his first guru, Karnail Singh.
His first professional break came in 1992 while he was still in Canada with the release of the song ‘Chithiye Nee Chithiye.’
This track became a success with the target audiences in Punjab. After the success of the single Chithiye Nee Chithiye in India, Harbhajan realised that the industry for Punjabi music was too limited in Canada. Harbhajan returned to Punjab to record his albums. He has released over 12 albums. A huge hit for him was his album Oye-Hoye released in 1999.
He established fame in the Punjabi music industry with his astonishing performance and miraculous voice in the song ‘Husn Jawani,’ when he played ‘Inder’ in his debut Punjabi movie, “Jee Aayan Nu,” in 2002. Subsequently, his success in Asa Nu Mann Watna Da stamped him with a label of “star” in the Punjabi movie world.
As an actor Harbhajan Mann has starred in blockbuster Punjabi movies like Mera Pind and Jag Jeondeyan De Mele. His latest film Heer Ranjha was released in 2009. After the release of Heer Ranjha, Harbhajan Maan already began the shooting of his next movie which will be called ‘Just Punjabi’.
Musically, he is a student of famous Pakistani Punjabi Folk Singer Shaukat Ali and was significantly inspired by KS Paras Ramoowalia. In his personal life, he is a family man and his favourite one-liner is ‘Challo shaddo’ (let’s drop it).
Harbhajan Mann’s Baisakhi Blast tour dates are as follows:
- Friday 2nd April 2010 – Sunderland,Rainton Meadows Arena , Tyne & Wear.
- Saturday 3rd April 2010 – Birmingham, Aston Arena.
- Friday 9th April 2010 – London,Wembley Arena.
- Sunday 11th April 2010 – Leicester, De Montfort Hall.
To win a free ticket for the Birmingham show, simply fill in the form below and answer the question: What is Harbhajan Mann’s favourite city? The competition closes on 3rd April 2010 at 12.00pm mid-day. Please read all the terms and conditions below before entering.
Below is a list of all the winners, we hope they enjoyed the show.
1. Sanjay Dass
2. Paramjit Singh Dahri
3. Mandeep Kaur Johal
4. Jit Singh
5. Veena Sehgal
6. Amrik Singh Padda
7. Gurinder Sangha
8. Niraj Kalai
9. Rohit Durhi
10. Sangeeta Kaur
11. Rana Singh
12. Kalam hujla
13. Gurpreet Singh Dass
14. Upi Bhanga
15. Arjan Singh Kherea
16. Parveen Kaur
17. Sonia Bashir
18. Jatinder Singh Uppal
19. Leena Devate
20. Yousef Ali
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition , you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The Winners will be contacted at the “sender” email address that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrants of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select two numbers from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winners via the email provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- Winners may not request substitutions of winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.