"Natural yoghurt is also important. As Rosacea builds up yeast, yoghurt decreases its yeast levels"
Rosacea is a common Asian skin problem.
Notably, a condition in which the face appears significantly red.
Other signs include pimples and prominent blood vessels appearing on the skin. Along with, stinging and burning effects.
It is a deteriorate skin disorder. During which, the skin becomes progressively worse, after a partial recovery or a period of improvement.
DESIblitz sets out the best natural face masks you can use in the comfort of your own home to treat such skin diseases, without having to resort to medication or counter products.
In addition, we discuss the common causes and surroundings of Rosacea.
Rosacea Skin Condition
As stated by the NHS:
“The exact cause of Rosacea is unknown, although a number of possible factors have been suggested, including abnormalities in the blood vessels of the face and a reaction to microscopic mites commonly found on the face.”
Accordingly, the NHS identifies various causes that may irritate Rosacea:
- Heat exposure
- Temperature changes
- Spicy food
- Exhausting exercise
- Hot drinks, caffeine and alcohol
Furthermore, there is a common misconception within Asian culture that Desi skin is similar to Western skin. So, Asians tend to resort to Western products, which may cause a reaction.
Dr Kiran Loha, an American Dermatologist, has stated that such conditions are effectively different between Western and Asian skins. Primarily, due to environmental factors.
Therefore, it’s highly important to be careful with cleansers, toners and moisturisers. It is essential to check the ingredients, and avoid using products which contain skin harming elements. Such as, fragrance and alcohol.
A study funded by the Natural Rosacea Society, suggests that Rosacea is more prevalent in hot countries. As a consequence, its effects are therefore heightened by extreme sunlight and heat.
Although it is more commonly diagnosed in individuals with fair complexions, Rosacea also appears in people of darker skin colour. Especially those from multiple ethnic groups.
Even though NHS has suggested that, creams and oral medications can help control Rosacea. DESIblitz brings leading and excellent natural face masks instead, to target those of Desi roots.
Oatmeal and Green Tea Face Mask
This mask helps control skin irritation. Additionally, it will provide the skin with a smooth surface.
Here are the ingredients and 5 steps to make this simple, quick and easy homemade mask to treat Rosacea.
- Green Tea – 3 tbsp
- Natural Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
- Oatmeal – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 1.5 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Fill a mug with hot water and add a green tea bag before setting it aside to brew.
- In a separate mug, mix the ingredients mentioned above with the correct amount of tablespoons.
- Add five teaspoons of green tea into the prepared mixture.
- The paste should be white, apply over the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
There are several reasons why the oatmeal and green tea mask ingredients are beneficial in treating Rosacea.
Since apple cider vinegar stabilises the PH of your skin, it helps reduce irritation.
In like manner, natural yoghurt is also important. As Rosacea builds up yeast, yoghurt decreases its yeast levels.
Equally beneficial are the antioxidants in green tea. They diminish radicals.
Similarly, honey and oatmeal kill bacteria. Therefore, both ingredients act as an anti-inflammatory, decreasing redness.
Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric face masks have been used across Asia for many centuries. They work well for Acne, Eczema and Rosacea.
This facemask is extremely easy to make!
- Turmeric Powder
- Yoghurt or Milk
- Raw Organic Honey
- Lemon Juice
- Add one tablespoon of turmeric powder into a bowl.
- You can control the amount of thickness by adding yoghurt or milk. But, make sure it’s thick enough to apply on the face without dripping.
- Now add a spoonful of raw organic honey and lemon juice.
- Mix the elements to create a paste.
- Apply this to your face and scrub gently before rinsing it off.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes. Otherwise, it can make your face look a little yellow. However, this completely fades the next day or in a couple of hours.
If you have the mask left over, put it in the fridge for next time!
Cucumber and Aloe Vera Face Mask
With its cooling properties, this mask will make your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
Two simple ingredients:
- Aloe Vera
If you don’t already have an aloe vera plant, you can buy one from IKEA, as a continual source of aloe vera gel .
- Add 2 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel into a bowl.
- Chop a few slices of cucumber.
- Mix them both together in a blender or food processor.
- Apply the blended paste evenly on the face.
Similar to honey, Aloe Vera also has anti-inflammatory elements. It helps reduce the facial redness.
Coupled with cucumber, they both help soothe the affected skin.
Tomato Face Mask
Only one simple ingredient for this effortless face mask:
- Use a blender to blend tomatoes into a juice.
- Apply the juice all over the face with a cotton ball.
- Wash after 10-15 minutes.
Tomatoes contain vitamin C and A, which help improve the appearance of skin and defeat inflammation.
All containing natural ingredients, these masks will only provide satisfying results if used consistently.
So, give these face masks a try and fight your Rosacea skin condition!
Please consult your doctor or GP before using any of these treatments.