She kept her hand on his chest & said ‘sorry babu’
Rhea Chakraborty allegedly said “sorry babu” when she visited Sushant Singh Rajput’s body at the mortuary at Cooper Hospital.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s death is currently under investigation by the CBI. This is the latest explosive update which has once again got everyone talking.
Previously, pictures of Rhea Chakraborty’s visit to the morgue have been doing the rounds on social media and several news channels.
Many people have been raising doubt concerning Rhea’s visit to the morgue post the actor’s tragic demise.
Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020. It was revealed that the late actor had been suffering from depression.
His tragic demise sent shockwaves across Bollywood, India and the world.
Now, according to the latest information shared, an eyewitness named Surjeet Singh Rathore has claimed that he heard Rhea apologising to the actor’s remains.
Karni Sena member, Rathore is said to have accompanied Rhea to the morgue on 15 June 2020.
On 22 August 2020, the news portal ANI shared this revelation on Twitter. Rathore was quoted saying:
“I was at Cooper Hospital on June 15 after Karni Sena’s state head asked me to go.
“On requesting staff, Rhea Chakraborty was allowed to see #SushantSinghRajput’s mortal remains.
“As I removed the sheet, she kept her hand on his chest & said ‘sorry babu’: Surjeet Rathore, Karni Sena.”
I was at Cooper Hospital on June 15 after Karni Sena's state head asked me to go. On requesting staff, Rhea Chakraborty was allowed to see #SushantSinghRajput's mortal remains. As I removed the sheet, she kept her hand on his chest & said 'sorry babu': Surjeet Rathore, Karni Sena pic.twitter.com/o3SVPL8NGi
— ANI (@ANI) August 22, 2020
He continued to mention that he was confused as to why Rhea was apologising. He said:
“I thought, ‘Why was she saying sorry now?’ I then took her outside as she started crying.”
This also heightened his suspicion as he believes the actress was behaving in a guilty manner.
He also added that Rhea’s brother, Showik Chakraborty and her mother also wanted to visit the mortuary.
However, they were not permitted to see Sushant’s body by the Mumbai Police.
He further claimed that producer Sandip Singh was one of the people behind the actor’s death. He said:
“I think Sandip Singh is the mastermind in this case. I had approached Mumbai Police for the same, I contacted DCP Abhishek Trimukhe he met me and asked me to give in writing everything I had said.
“I did the same but to no avail. If the CBI team contacts me, I am ready to share everything I know.
“I am with Sushant’s family and we want to ensure justice is delivered in this case.”
On Friday, 21 August 2020, Sushant’s family lawyer, Vikas Singh stated that Rhea Chakraborty’s visit to the morgue was “very suspicious.”
This is because she had “no relationship” with the late actor and could have possibly been tampering with evidence.
Speaking to ANI, Vikas Singh said:
“Rhea going to [the] mortuary is very suspicious as she had no relationship with Sushant Singh on [the] day of his death.
“In what capacity was she allowed to see the body of Sushant. I believe she was taken from the back room.
“Without showing grief, without sobbing, without breaking down, clearly exposes her mind that she was probably wanting to accept the blame of his death and she has no regret of it.
“She had no affection for Sushant.”
Singh continued to raise doubt concerning why Mumbai Police allowed her access to the mortuary. He said:
“Mumbai Police will have to answer how did they allow her to enter before [the] post-mortem.
“There is a possibility of tampering with evidence.”
The case is still ongoing. We wait to see whether this latest revelation sheds light on the investigation.