“Generations have grown up listening to the magical voice of Kishore Kumar"
DESIblitz, in association with Indra Travel, is giving away a pair of tickets to see Kishore Kumar – The Musical Journey at the Ilford Town Hall, on Saturday 16th June 2018.
Following a successful first show in 2017, Crazy for Kishore returns for yet another magical evening of non-stop musical hits from the singing sensation’s extensive repertoire.
‘A Musical Journey through the Life and Works of Singing Sensation Kishore Kumar’ will revisit some of the most beautiful melodies of Indian cinema, as sung by the smooth vocals of this late legend.
Fans of the Indian playback singer can be swept away with classic melodies and sumptuous beats. A host of international singers will relive Kumar’s biggest tracks.
Acclaimed singers include Indrani Dutta, Anil Kharadi, Ketan Kansara, Anuradha Shukla, Manisha Sharma and Chirag Rao. Also on stage will be the spectacular Strings Band to accompany the talented vocalists live.
Chairman of Indra Travel, Suresh Kumar says:
“Generations have grown up listening to the magical voice of Kishore Kumar. India’s outstanding singing sensation who not only kindled our senses of great music, but was also an accomplished Actor, Director, Film producer and Playwright – the true definition of an all-rounder.
“We are hosting this Musical Journey to pay homage to one of the greatest talents to have emerged from India in the last century and we look forward to taking the audience on a trip down memory lane.”
Kishore Kumar is an Indian artist that needs no introduction. Aside from being an outstanding singer, the star was also an actor, lyricist, composer, producer, director, and screenwriter.
In a career spanning four decades, Kumar was the voice behind some of the generation’s most loved songs, from romantic love songs to preppy pop.
Some of his most iconic songs include ‘Gore Rang Pe Na Itna Gumaan Kar’, ‘Pyaar Deewana Hota Hai’, ‘Pyar Mein Dil Pe Maar De Goli’, ‘O Meri Soni Meri Tamanna’, ‘Vada Tera Vada’, ‘Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi’, and ‘Prem Kahani Mein Ek Ladka Hota Hai’.
The versatile singer won eight Filmfare Awards for ‘Best Playback Singer’. And his soulful voice is revered by fans to this day.
With the chance to reminisce with sensational love songs and the best of Bollywood, this is one music evening you certainly don’t want to miss!
Date and Time: Saturday 16th June 2018 at 6pm
Venue: The Ilford Town Hall, 128-142 High Road, IG1 1DD
Buy Tickets: Kishore Kumar – the Musical Journey
Tickets can be purchased by visiting the link above.
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
We have one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
To win a pair of FREE tickets to see KISHORE KUMAR – THE MUSICAL JOURNEY, first follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win two tickets to the event. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12pm on Sunday 10th June 2018. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.