Three People Convicted of Robbery at Commercial Business

Three people from London have been convicted following a robbery at a commercial business in Lambeth, South London, in August 2018.

Three People Convicted of Robbery at Commercial Business f

Kaur was responsible for locking the employee inside.

After a robbery at a commercial business premises in Lambeth in London in August 2018, three people have been convicted for the heinous crime.

Harpreet Kaur, aged 28 from Hounslow, Monica Pashias from South West London, aged 42 and Tyrone Waugh from Chiswick, aged 40, were all involved in the robbery.

A commercial business premises located at St George’s Wharf in the South West of London was the target of the trio, just before midday on August 2, 2018.

Reports of the burglary were received by police on the day.

When officers arrived at the scene of the crime, the business owner informed them that the thieves had locked a member of staff inside the store and stolen a laser hair removal machine and accessories.

The Metropolitan Police commenced an investigation and tracked down Harpreet Kaur and Monica Pashias in less than two weeks later. They were both arrested on August 14, 2018.

It was discovered that Kaur was responsible for locking the employee inside.

The third person involved in the theft, Tyrone Waugh, was then subsequently arrested on August 31, 2018.

All three were charged with numerous offences on November 20, 2018.

At a hearing at Inner London Crown Court on Friday, July 19, 2019, Harpreet Kaur was found guilty of false imprisonment and possession of articles to commit fraud, for her role in the robbery.

Monica Pashias and Tyrone Waugh had previously pleaded guilty to the robbery at the business store.

All three are due to be sentenced on Thursday, September 19, 2019.

There have been a number of shocking robberies which have taken place in London over the course of 2019.

In one case, detectives released a picture of a suspect who carried out two bank robberies in Hounslow and Brent.

The man entered the Bank of India in Hounslow on January 19, 2018, where he approached the front counter and handed the cashier a letter which said he had a bomb.

He ordered her to go to a staff area where he then said it was a robbery and demanded cash while repeating that he had a bomb.

The suspect brandished a knife and threatened them.

He then threatened a customer who walked in and ordered her towards the back of the bank.

He continued to make threats until the cash was handed to him. The suspect then fled with a bag containing over £12,000.

The second robbery took place on February 12, 2018, when he entered the ICICI Bank in Brent.

He claimed to have a weapon, however, he fled empty-handed when the alarm was activated.

Detective Constable Alan Mears, of the Met’s Flying Squad, called the robberies “violent”.

He urged those who recognised the suspect to come forward and provide information.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”


  • Like DESIblitz.com on Facebook - click here
  • What's New

    MORE
  • DESIblitz.com winner of Asian Media Award 2013, 2015 & 2017
  • "Quoted"

  • Polls

    Do you agree with banning SRK from Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium?

    Loading ... Loading ...