"Ravi Shankar is the Godfather of World Music"
DESIblitz.com in association with Town Hall Symphony Hall (THSH) Birmingham have great pleasure to invite you to enter our competition to win tickets to watch live on stage, the legendary sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar,
There are not many people who have not heard of Ravi Shankar and being one of, if not the, most renowned Sitar players in the world. He is India’s most esteemed musical ambassador and a singular phenomenon in the classical music worlds of East and West.
As a performer, composer, teacher and writer, he has done more for Indian music than any other musician. He is well known for his pioneering work in bringing Indian music to the West. This however, he did only after long years of dedicated study under his illustrious guru Baba Allaudin Khan and after making a name for himself in India.
A superstar in his own right, Shankar’s career has seen him work alongside musical icons ranging from The Beatles to Yehudi Menuhin. He has composed ground-breaking symphonies for orchestra and sitar. George Harrison of the Beatles is quoted as saying: “Ravi Shankar is the Godfather of World Music”
An Evening of Ragas performance will take place to celebrate Shankar’s 10th decade in music at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham, giving you the chance to see this incredible global musician perform some of his most intrinsic compositions live on stage.
Shankar last appeared at Symphony Hall in 2005 alongside his daughter Anoushka, herself an accomplished sitar player, and his much anticipated return to the venue looks set to be a memorable occasion. Ravi and Anoushka Shankar are torch bearers of the thousand year old Indian classical tradition, kept alive mainly via teachings from guru to student.
One of only four concerts taking place across the UK, this performance is an exclusive opportunity to celebrate Ravi Shankar’s 10th decade in music. Shankar will be accompanied by Tanmoy Bose (tabla), Ravichandra Kulur (flute) and Parimal Sadaphal (sitar).
The An Evening of Ragas concert details are:
Date: Thursday 16 June 2011
Venue: Symphony Hall, Broad Street Birmingham, B1 2EA.
Don’t miss your chance to win a free ticket to watch and listen one of India’s most highly respected musicians. Simply answer the question below and submit your entry to us now!
We have two tickets to give away. One ticket per entry is allowed. The competition closes at 12.00pm on 15th June 2011. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The Winners will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrants of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select two numbers from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect or the winner unavailable when contacted, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winners via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- Winners may not request substitutions of winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.