She has recorded over 1500 songs, produced over 100 albums
DESIblitz has teamed up with The Drum to give our readers the chance to win free tickets to watch the legendary singer Nassebo Lal perform live at The Drum on Sunday 16th September 2012.
Nasbeebo’s songs have touched many hearts with her unique style of singing and infectious voice. A Punjabi singer, known for her songs in Pakistan and India, Lal has sung for many Lollywood movies.
Naseebo Lal is regarded as a mega super star within Pakistan. She has recorded over 1500 songs, produced over 100 albums and as a playback singer, she has dominated the Punjabi film industry, with her first film being ‘Desa da Raja’ in 1999. Blessed with a strong and powerful voice, she is able to change, vary, strain, snap, twist and swing her vocal cords according to the demand of the song.
Following the death of Pakistan’s supreme melody queen Madam Noor Jehan, Naseebo Lal came to fill the vacuum and established a fan base that stretched from the Northern Frontier across Pakistan and into the rest the Indian subcontinent. Her voice echoes the vibrancy, strength and boisterousness of the Punjab, her songs ring out of bustling bazaars, cinema halls and the overcrowded buses.
Unlike Reshma, Naseebo’s voice had the dexterity to be a mainstream film voice. In the process of commercialisation, she was transformed into a thin version of Madame Noor Jehan with glamorous apparel and a makeover that, alas, was not the innate style of the glorious Madame. Nevertheless, it was good to see a new talent from the nomadic margins of Punjab succeed at the national level. But then she was made to sing all sorts of numbers – from the tragic to lilting romantic songs, and from sizzling to downright innuendo-laden pieces.
With songs like Meri Phullan Wali Kurti, Jida Dil Tut Jaey, Way Gujjara Way, Oh Yaara Ve, Kisi De Naal Piyar Na Karin, Dhola Azla To Reshma Teri and Wey Sounrey Akhawalley, Naseebo has entertained audiences with live stage performances in many parts of the world.
We are giving you this great opportunity to watch Nassebo Lal live at the Drum with the offer of two complimentary free tickets. On the night, Naseebo will be supported by Raja Ziahrab, Ch Tahir and Z&T Productions. Don’t miss the rare opportunity to see up close and personal a living legend of Pakistan.
Date and Time: 7.00pm on Sunday 16th September 2012.
Venue: The Drum, 144 Potters Bar Lane, Aston, Birmingham, B6 4UU
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To win a free pair of tickets for this amazing concert, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now!
One entry will allow you to win two tickets for you to go with a friend or family member. The competition closes at 1.00pm on Friday 14th September 2012. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.