nominations are open to anyone who has inspired students over the course of their learning
Nominations are now open for the newly launched Education Awards 2017.
Taking place in the heart of the Midlands on 7th July 2017, the Education Awards will recognise the outstanding contributions of those working in the education sector.
DESIblitz.com are proud media partners of the inaugural Awards, which strives to raise the profile of educators and their vital work with so many generations of young people.
Ranging from key individuals to dedicated institutions, the nominations are open to anyone who has inspired or engaged students over the course of their learning.
There are 16 categories in total, from ‘Most Innovative Teacher’ to ‘Outstanding International School’. Each category reflects a unique aspect of the education sector, including those individuals who have supported young people and the wellbeing of a school, to those establishments that have directly contributed to their local community.
Institutions from across the board will be represented, such as early learning and childcare centres, primary and secondary schools, further education colleges and universities.
The categories for the inaugural Education Awards 2017 are as follows:
- Educational Supporter of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Headteacher / Principal / Dean of the year
- Teacher/ Lecturer of the Year
- Transforming lives through partnerships
- Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding primary school
- Outstanding International School
- Most Innovative Contribution to Business – Education Collaboration
- Entrepreneurial Education Establishment of the Year
- Proactive Educational Provider of an Apprenticeship Programme
- Further Education College of the Year
- University of the Year
Each category is backed by an industry sponsor. Category sponsors will support their respective winner in a year-long project that will be filmed and featured at the following awards ceremony in 2018.
Spearheading the awards as ambassadors for this year are popular TV presenter, Suzanne Virdee, and former BBC Apprentice candidate, Gary Poulton.
Guests and nominees can also expect keynote speeches from the likes of Andy Street and Paul Faulkner on the night.
The Education Awards aim to celebrate those individuals and organisations who are committed to encouraging young people to realise their potential.
Entries for nominations will close on 3rd May 2017. A shortlist of the final nominees will be unveiled soon after. Final winners will be selected via public voting and an independent panel of judges prior to the ceremony on 7th July 2017 at Edgbaston Stadium.
For more details on the Education Awards, or to nominate an individual or organisation, please visit the awards website here.