Bow Pose helps with erectile dysfunction and cures premature ejaculation.
Yoga positions are beneficial for sex life because sex entails being present. It is necessary to get out of your head and tune into your body to enjoy physical pleasures.
Relaxing the body is a crucial factor in maximising the sexual pleasure. The flexible body also opens the possibilities to experiment with different sex poses.
Yoga improves sexual function for women because stretching your body makes it more flexible, receptive and prevents pain during sex.
In one study, women observed their sexual life before and after yoga exercises. 75 % of them reported an improvement in their sex life after doing yoga.
Dr Vhikas Dhikav carried out a study on the male sex life during the 12-week yoga program. The men reported that their sex life improved regarding orgasm, erection, confidence and synchronisation with their partner.
Partner yoga poses can also serve as a great bonding experience for you and your partner.
Here we present ten yoga positions (asanas) that strengthen the pelvic floor, increase libido and cure sexual dysfunction.
Child’s Pose (Balasana)
Everyday stresses can make it hard to relax when it comes time to make love with your significant other.
Child’s Pose is a simple pose that helps to return into your body if you are stuck in your mind. It also helps relax tense lower back.
How to do Child’s Pose
- Sit on your heels and lay on your bed or the floor in a fetal position.
- Touch the floor with your forehead.
- Stretch your arms in front of yourself.
- Breathe in and out for 3 minutes and focus on your breath. If you feel any tension in the pelvic area, send your breath there.
You can practise Balasana as sex pose too, by letting your partner get inside you from behind.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
The Bridge Pose is useful because it is a pelvic floor pose.
Strong pelvic muscles heighten sex drive, and they strengthen women’s organs such as uterus, bladder, small intestine and rectum.
The tight pelvic floor is common with pregnant women and women who spend a lot of time sitting.
Exercising this area of the body increases blood circulation, and leads to stronger orgasms.
Furthermore, the bridge pose helps with menstrual pain.
This asana raises blood circulation and increases a woman’s arousal.
To practise it as sex pose , position your feet a bit wider to let your partner inside of you.
How to do Bridge Pose
- Lay on the mat and widen your knees apart to match the width of your hips.
- Pull the pelvis and your hips up while laying down with your back.
- Straighten your hips parallel with your knees and shoulders.
- Stay in the pose from 30 – 60 seconds and make three more repetitions.
- Exhale and gently roll the spine on the floor to release the pose.
In the book The Science of Yoga, William Brode found out that the cobra pose increases testosterone. At the same time, it decreases cortisol, the stress hormone.
Even though testosterone is mainly a male sex hormone, it also boosts female arousal.
Cobra presses the adrenal glands and heightens the blood circulation through the body. Both of those factors increase the sex desire.
To achieve that effect, press your thighs on the floor and pull them towards each other while doing this exercise.
How to do Cobra
- Lay on your belly on the bed or a mat, facing down into your pillow.
- Press your forearms into the bed or the mat. Keep the elbows close to your body, so they are under your shoulders.
- Straighten and stretch your legs and keep them apart in the width of your hips. Spread your toes and keep them pressed into the ground.
- Press tailbone in the direction of your feet and lengthen your lower back.
- While keeping the forearms in the initial position, lift your chest.
- Stretch carefully and slowly, while lifting your back. Use your abdominal muscles as support. Don’t pull your body entirely upwards if you don’t feel confident.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds or less. Get into the Cobra Pose two more times.
- Exhale, and slowly bring down your chest and forehead to the mat.
If you want to practice cobra as a sex position, put your legs feet apart. In this position, a man can reach your G spot!
Cat-Cow Flow (Marjaryasana – Bitilasana)
Cat-Cow Pose requires moving the pelvis up and down, which is a sexual motion. Therefore, it awakens the sexual energy.
This pose stimulates and strengthens muscles of the pelvic floor (Mula Bandha) and helps you experience stronger orgasms.
It also makes your buttocks muscles stronger.
How to do Cat – Cow Flow
- Ground your knees and palms on a mat or bed.
- Widen your knees apart equally to your hips.
- While exhaling, pull your spine upwards into a cat pose and look down. Lift your shoulders, while tucking the bottom and lower back inside.
- During the inhale, lift your spine downwards into a cow pose. Your belly should go towards the floor and your bottom upwards. Connect your shoulder blades close together.
- Try to repeat the exercise between 10 – 20 times for the best effect.
We will now move onto the yoga poses that can improve sexual function for men.
Before practising the following yoga poses for men, stretch safely by using the above poses for women.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
Dhanurasana creates pressure around sexual organs and increases blood circulation throughout the whole body.
Bow Pose helps with erectile dysfunction and cures premature ejaculation.
It also helps to last longer in bed and to achieve stronger orgasms.
How to do Bow Pose
- Lie on your belly with your palms up.
- Exhale and bend your knees with heels close to your buttocks. You can lay with your thighs on a folded blanket to lift yourself.
- Inhale and lift the knees and thighs. Push the tailbone towards the floor.
- Stretch the arms backwards and hold your ankles. If you can’t reach your ankles, wrap a strap around your ankles, and pull it with your hands.
- Gaze in front of you. Press your shoulder blades together and keep your breathing consistent.
- Stay in the position for 20 – 30 seconds. Repeat it one or two more times. Between each repetition let go of the grip and slowly lay down for a few seconds and rest.
Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana)
Cow Face Pose increases flexibility and mobility of shoulders, chest, hips and thighs. Consequently, it enhances the agility of sexual movements.
Gomukhasana is an excellent position in curing sexual ailments because it raises the blood flow.
For example, it helps to cure hydrocele, a scrotal swelling caused by the accumulation of fluids around the testicles.
If you have a severe back, neck or knees injury, avoid this position.
How to do Cow Face Pose
- Sit on the ground and extend the legs in front of you. Bend your left leg, while putting it under your right buttock.
- Fold the right leg and put it on your left thigh. Bring close your knees on top of each other.
- Bend your left hand and position it behind your back.
- Your body should be kept straight and gently backwards, while your chest should be facing up.
- Bring your right arm over your right shoulder. Clasp both of your hands. If you can’t reach fingers of your hands, you can again use a strap or a scale.
- Try to maintain this position for 30 – 60 seconds. Keep breathing throughout the exercise.
- Breathe slowly to relax as much as possible. If you can’t, that is fine too because it takes time to master this asana.
- Exhale and go back into the initial position. Repeat the exercise with the opposite arm and leg one more time.
- Free your arms, get them back to the ground and uncross your legs.
As a result, you should feel a stretch in your chest, shoulder, arm and upper back muscles.
Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
Half Lord of the Fishes pose massages and simulates sexual organs. It increases sexual energy and creates more intense orgasms for men.
Furthermore, it improves the functioning of the reproductive system because it heightens the blood circulation in the pelvic region.
For the best effect, do to this asana right after waking up or 4 – 6 hours after a meal.
How to do Half Lord of the Fishes Pose
- Sit on the floor and cross your right knee over the left knee.
- Bend your knees. Put your left foot back next to your right buttock with your left leg on the floor.
- Place your right foot on the ground, next to your left thigh.
- Keep your spine straight and turn your waist, neck and shoulders right.
- Put your right hand behind you on the floor and your left hand on the right knee.
- Breathe slowly and deeply, while staying in the position for 30 – 60 seconds. Do the position one more time with the opposite arm and leg.
Now, we present some simple Yoga positions for couples that you can try in your bedroom.
Dog Pose stretches and strengthens the muscles of neck and back.
It is great to do for men before sex as it raises the testosterone level.
You can include it in foreplay with your significant other!
It enhances the strength and endurance of the body for both partners, which improves your sex life.
The Dog Pose also activates the thyroid gland and metabolism.
How to do Dog Pose
- Lie on your stomach with your hands resting next to your body.
- Let your partner climb on your back with legs extended and close together.
- Raise your body off the floor with your arms, and support your weight with your toes.
- The partner on top should lift her arms off her partner’s shoulders. She should extend her feet and support herself with upper parts of feet.
- Both of partners should stretch their bodies as much possible.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds.
- To get out of the pose, the partner that is down should lower his body back to the ground. The partner on top should follow by lowering their body as well.
Standing Backbend Pose Partner (Anuvittasana Partner)
Standing Backbend Pose Partner is a beginner pose that is beneficial for both partners individually and as a couple pose.
It is beneficial for chest and lower back, and can even cure lower back pain.
Holding hands with your partner and stretching at the same time increases closeness and trust. Emotional bonding is essential for women in enhancing the romantic mood.
How to do Standing Backbend Pose
1. Both partners should stand on a mat with their feet apart and straight back.
2. Draw your belly in, push your chest forward.
3. Stretch your arms forward and mutually hold your partner’s wrists.
4. Through the exhale arch your spine back, while keeping the palms on the lower back. Use your abs as support and arch your back as long as it doesn’t hurt.
5. Hold your neck and spine in the same line and drop your head back or simply look forward.
6. Keep the position for 3 to 5 breaths.
7. To release the pose, inhale and gradually and carefully return to the standing position.
Back to Back Chair Pose
Back to Back Chair Pose strengthens the relationship because it requires trust and communication to be performed.
You and your partner can boost your teamwork by holding each other’s back close.
This partner pose originates from a regular Chair Pose (Utkatasana).
Back to Back Chair Pose benefits lower back, knees and quadriceps and it is good for straight posture.
How to do Back to Back Chair Pose
- Stand back to back and intertwine your elbows.
- Use your abs to stay in the pose with your partner. Move your feet closer to your partner by walking them back until you achieve the balance.
- Keep your feet a bit wider than your hips. Kneecaps and heels should be in line with your toes.
- The aim is that your knees are 90 degrees. Don’t let them go lower than that. If one of the partners is taller, they can pull themselves up.
- To release the pose slowly walk back to your partner.
It is easy to improve your sex life and your mental state if you follow these exercises.
You need minimal equipment or no equipment at all, and you can do them at home.
It has become popular for couples to do Yoga challenges on YouTube. It can certainly be a fun and refreshing experience.
Try them out and see what happens!
The partner yoga poses will warm you up and gradually build up physical intimacy.
Yoga can lead you and your partner into a relaxed state needed for sexy time together. It will improve your mood and relieve beck or neck pain.
Doing yoga with your partner will elevate your relationship and trust in each other to a higher level.
Some of these poses can conveniently be used as sex positions as well!