Gang Tasered Man in Testicles during Torture Ordeal

A gang from Coventry subjected a man to prolonged torture where he suffered horrific abuse which included being tasered in the testicles.

Gang Tasered Man in Testicles during Torture Ordeal f

“He was forced to strip and had eggs and flour thrown at him"

Three members of a gang from Coventry have been sentenced after they subjected a young couple to a horrific two-day torture ordeal.

The humiliating treatment included the man being tasered in his testicles while his girlfriend was made to believe that a gun was being held to her head.

Daniel Oscroft, prosecuting, told Warwick Crown Court that the victims had gone to a party in October 2017. The next day, they were contacted and told that they owed Shaan Khanyal money for food and drink.

They were then contacted by someone called Wes and agreed to meet him in Jubilee Crescent. After withdrawing £30, they turned up for the handover.

However, they were taken to an address where Khanyal and Arbbaaz Chauhan were waiting. Their phones were taken before they were taken to Wes’ home.

The young man was driven around for an hour while his kidnappers sold drugs. He was then taken to his flat where he was attacked with a taser and hit with a steering wheel lock.

Mr Oscroft said: “He was forced to strip and had eggs and flour thrown at him and then made to lie on his bed and rub Deep Heat into his bottom.”

The gang stole his PS4, jewellery and other items. The victim was forced to dress in his girlfriend’s clothes before being taken to a shop where a man called Max forced him to withdraw £240.

The couple were then taken to Max’s home where the man was told he owed the gang £2,000 and was burned with a cigarette.

The victims were told to close their eyes. Something was put to the woman’s head and was told she would be shot with a silenced gun.

However, when her boyfriend opened his eyes, he saw it was actually a hammer.

The couple were then released and warned not to tell anyone.

The next day, Khanyal, Chauhan, Wes and Max went to the girlfriend’s home. She and a friend were told they could not leave as a masked man followed them around the property.

Mr Oscroft explained: “Max produced a butcher’s knife and held it to her throat and she was told to write down the names of everyone she had told about the previous day.

“Khanyal then poured juice over her and Chauhan squeezed talc over her head. They opened the attic and told her to go up, but she would not go.”

Wes, Chauhan and Khanyal then left. However, she and her friend were held captive by others including Matis Cohene.

Her boyfriend returned from work at around 6 pm but Wes, Chauhan and Khanyal also returned.

They threatened the man and the two women with having their fingers chopped off.

The girlfriend had some of her hair cut off and air freshener was sprayed into her mouth.

Her boyfriend was allegedly tasered by Chauhan before Wes tasered the victim in his testicles. The gang then stole more items and fled.

Out of fear of the torture continuing, the young man tried to commit suicide that night.

The next day, they informed the police about the torture and Chauhan, Khanyal and Cohene were arrested.

Khanyal and Chauhan each pleaded guilty to two charges of conspiracy to kidnap, two of conspiracy to rob and one charge of conspiracy to falsely imprison.

Cohene, who was 15 at the time, pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy to rob and conspiracy to falsely imprison.

Khanyal had a previous conviction for possessing a sawn-off shotgun while Chauhan had convictions for battery, possessing a prohibited weapon and a knife. Cohene had no previous convictions.

The male victim said in a statement: “Because of these events I have moved away from Coventry and my friends and family.”

“I have had to start a whole new life, and I suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.”

The Coventry Observer reported that female victim said the torture ordeal has made her scared to leave her home.

David Martin-Sperry read a letter from Chauhan:

“I deeply regret my actions. I am so sorry I let this happen to you. I am embarrassed and ashamed at not being the person who stopped it.”

Judge Andrew Lockhart QC told the defendants:

“All of you watched and all of you gave active support to this gross and horrific act.

“This series of offences is very serious indeed. He was moved about and abused in the most degrading way, as was [his girlfriend]. These were planned, brutal events.”

Khanyal, aged 24, of Little Heath, was jailed for 10 years and five months.

Chauhan, aged 24, of Foleshill, was sentenced to nine years in prison.

Cohene, aged 18, of Radford, received a two-year detention and training order.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”

What's New



  • Polls

    Does corruption exist within the Pakistani community?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...