"I’m hoping this uplifting story will be a real treasure trove for fans"
DESIblitz.com is giving away an incredible chance to win one free copy of the book, Dear Mr. Bachchan (2020) by the UK and Kolkata based author, Saurav Dutt.
The acclaimed novelist of fiction and non-fiction works had already made a name for himself with his debut book, The Butterfly Room (2015).
On February 25, 2020, Saurav Dutt released Dear Mr. Bachchan, a Bollywood novel. The uplifting book tells the story of a poor 12-year-old Indian boy named Vikram Chopra.
Whilst dreaming to move beyond the Mumbai slums, Vikram finds solace through the films of Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan.
The novel even presents Vikram emulating the famous characters of the megastar. This includes the angry young man from Zanjeer (1973) and his entertaining avatar in Amar Akbar Anthony (1977).
In the book, Vikram gets the opportunity to meet the star he idolises very much.
However, the boy is forced to deal with aspirations versus reality, the difficulties of a contemporary India, a critical society, along with a journey to overpower his hardships.
The book is an enlightening analysis into the phenomena of “Indian, Asian and global stardom” and trying to succeed with ones own challenges.
Saurav Dutt who is also a Human Rights campaigner, speaking about the book says: “Amitabh Bachchan is a superstar in the truest sense of the word.
“His name and face have taken over the hearts of minds of people around the world for over 50 years.”
“I’m hoping this uplifting story will be a real treasure trove for fans and newbies alike, exploring an industry where fashions change every Friday and understanding why and how Amitabh Bachchan has been synonymous with cinematic entertainment for so long.
“The novel will not be purely about the star but talks to the shape of the modern India, how poverty, class and religion fits within the shape of dreams of this rising superpower, as well as the virtues of Bachchan himself, which the boy in the story wishes to emulate.”
Meanwhile, to get your hands on this inspirational and cinematic novel, please enter our competition.
DEAR MR. BACHCHAN COMPETITION
We have one book to give away to one lucky winner.
To win Dear Mr. Bachchan by Saurav Dutt, first, follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
One entry will allow you to win one copy of Dear Mr. Bachchan by Saurav Dutt. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
The competition closes at 12p m on Monday, May 11, 2020. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.