Invest in your hair, it is the crown you never take off
Invest in your hair, it is the crown you never take off and what better way than to ensure your hairstyles are the best they can be.
The type of hairstyle you choose for an event or a casual outing can enhance your overall ensemble.
Everyone is aware of the importance to keep your hair looking and feeling strong and healthy. This is achieved with a good haircare routine.
The look of your hair is heightened depending on the hairstyle you go for. Remember trying with your hair every morning can help you feel put together.
Our list of seven stunning Bollywood actresses inspired hairstyles will help you recreate the perfect hairdo every time.
You no longer need to worry about having a bad hair day.
One of Bollywood’s most stylish stars is none other than Sonam Kapoor Ahuja.
The actress is never afraid to experiment with her looks, from her sartorial choices, makeup to hairstyles.
Her go-to hairstyle is the much-loved sleek bun. The actress has been spotted with this hairdo on casual outings as well as for events.
In March 2019, Sonam Kapoor had her hair styled into a tight bun for an event. To complement her stunning black gown and statement jewellery, she went with a sleek bun to tie the look together.
Sonam looked breathtakingly beautiful in this avatar and certainly made heads turn.
A sleek bun adds a certain charm to your look like no other hairstyle.
If you want to try Sonam Kapoor’s bum on yourself then we have some tips for you to follow:
- First, part your hair in the centre and straighten your hair to tame your locks.
- Tie your hair into a tight ponytail at the nape of your neck using a clear elastic.
- Tightly twist the ponytail and wrap it around to form a bun.
- Secure the bun with grips.
- For that sleek-back look, hairspray down any flyways and for added shine, spray shining spray all over.
Alternatively, if the sleek bun is not one of your top picks, then the messy bun look is certainly a game-changer.
For example, Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma has not only been giving us memorable onscreen performance but has also been giving us major hair goals.
For the NBT Ustav Award 2019, Anushka stepped out in a mint green saree by Sabyasachi Mukherjee teamed with a messy done.
There is no doubt that everyone praised the actress for her bewitching look. To achieve this messy bun, follow these steps:
- Brush your hair to detangle the knots.
- Spray volumising spray or dry shampoo to the root of your hair for texture.
- Tie your hair into a ponytail.
- Twist your hair tightly into a bun and secure with a clear elastic.
- To create that messy look, gently tug at the bun to loosen it.
- Pull out strands around the face for the ultimate messy look (optional).
- Play around with the shape of your bun and secure in place with grips.
- Finish with a light mist of hairspray.
Depending on personal preference, the messier you want your bun, the more strands and tugging you will have to do.
This is the perfect hairstyle to have fun and play around with.
South Asian women have styled their hair with jasmine flowers for centuries. Vendors continue to sell native jasmine flowers on the streets of India.
Not only are they aesthetically pleasing but they also are a symbol of prosperity, beauty and love.
Jasmine flowers have been incorporated into numerous Bollywood actresses’ hairstyles.
In this instance, Shraddha Kapoor looked radiant in a handwoven saree from her mother’s collect for the Bachchan Diwali party 2019.
To complete the look Shraddha stayed true to her authenticity with a tight bun decorated with jasmine flowers.
Shraddha’s hairstyle was elevated with the inclusion of jasmine flowers. If you want to stay close your root with a modern touch then follow these steps:
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Section the crown of your hair and tease gently for added volume.
- Gently brush over the teased hair and spray with hairspray to smoothen the crown.
- Tightly tie your hair into a bun at the centre of your head at the back.
- Grab your strand of jasmine flowers and wrap it tightly around the bun.
- Secure the flowers with hairpins.
Ponytails are a classic hairstyle which tends to be underrated and overlooked. Many undermine the effortless aesthetic of this hairdo.
Yet one Bollywood celebrity who is often seen sporting this look is Deepika Padukone.
Deepika’s signature pouffe ponytail is anything but basic yet it is a simple hairstyle to recreate.
The voluminous pouffe seamlessly falls into the ponytail. It is a perfect style which looks amazing with every look whether casual or formal.
Deepika Padukone has championed this style so much that numerous beauty gurus on YouTube have created tutorials guiding you on how to achieve this look.
Follow these steps to attain this perfect voluminous ponytail at home:
- Section your hair from ear-to-ear to separate the crown part from the rest of your hair.
- Gently backcomb the crown of your hair and spray volumising hairspray.
- Smoothen the backcombed crown so it creates a perfect round bump. If you have any baby-hairs peaking up be sure to hairspray them down.
- Tie the crown section to the rest of your hair into a ponytail. For extra security pin the pouffe from behind.
- To cover the bobby pins, take a strand of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around.
- If you want to achieve that messy look, pull out some strand of hair to frame your face.
It is important to note, that this hairdo works best with unwashed hair (ideally second/third-day hair).
Alternatively, if you do choose to try this look on freshly washed hair, remember to flip your hair upside down and blow-dry it.
Be sure to tease the hair a little more than you usually would for that extra hold.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is one of Bollywood’s most beautiful actresses. Her poise, elegance and etiquette are unprecedented.
In particular, we have taken inspiration from her 2017 Cannes Film Festival look. The actress wore a striking ruffled tube ensemble by Ralph & Russo.
To match the extravagant gown, Aishwarya had her luscious hair styled in glamorous waves.
Soft glamorous waves are the red-carpet’s favourite hairstyle to don. The sophistication and class are unmatched.
To recreate Aishwarya’s red carpet glam, read ahead:
- Prep the hair with curl hold spray. Distribute the product evenly throughout.
- Section your hair from ear-to-ear and clip one half back.
- Using a curling tong, wrap a small section of hair around the barrel and hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this technique for the rest of the hair.
- For the crown of the hair, curl the hair 5 inches from the root.
- After having curled your entire hair, comb the curls through with a large paddle brush. This will turn the tight curls into glamorous waves.
- Finish off the hair with a generous amount of hairspray.
80s Disco Hair
We still look back to Katrina Kaif’s December 2018 Vogue cover girl hairstyle.
Katrina looks immaculate as she posed for the camera with her wild curly hair and sultry pose.
If you are bored of the classic straight hair look, then this hairdo donned by Katrina Kaif will certainly show off your wild side.
Hairstylist Yianni Tsapatori was the man behind Katrina’s curls.
According to an interaction with Vogue India, Yianni Tsapatori stated how it is difficult to make curls last in long hair. He said:
“There’s always a challenge to create curls that last on long hair, especially these kinds of curls.”
He continued to mention the test with Katrina’s hair saying:
“The challenge with Katrina’s hairstyle for the December cover story was to create curls that look natural with a lot of movement.”
If you want to achieve these stunning tight curls to your next party or event follow these steps:
- Comb mousse through wet hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- To add hydration and avoid frizz, apply a hydrating serum of your choice.
- Throw your hair over your head and blow-dry your hair while scrunching it to the roots.
- Once again apply your serum to moisturise your hair.
- Section your hair and using a ¼ inch curling tong tightly wrap a strand of hair around the barrel.
- Remember to spray your curls with volumising hairspray.
- For added volume at the crown spray your roots with dry shampoo.
- Once you have curled all your hair gently open the curls with your fingers.
Bollywood beauty Alia Bhatt has tried and tested all hairstyles from buns to curls. There is no denying her hair game is strong.
We chose Alia’s twisted braid style which she wore for an event along with a stunning floral gown.
The actress was styled by Ami Patel and she looked a vision. The combination of her ensemble and braided hairstyle was perfection.
Follow these simple steps to recreate Alia Bhatt’s hairdo:
- Using a small barrel curler (preferably 1.25 inch) curl your hair from you ear level to the ends.
- With a large comb or your fingers comb through the curls. This will allow your tight curls to loosen into loose waves.
- Take two large sections from each side of your centre part.
- Braid each large section and combine the two braids at the back of your head. Secure the braids with pins.
- To make your braids appear thicker gently tug on the hair strands.
- Like Alia has done you can adorn your braid with pearl pins throughout.
Despite many things not going to plan as we all know life is not perfect, but your hair can be.
Do not skip on making that effort for casual days or formal occasions. We hope our list of hairstyles has inspired you to sit in front of the mirror and have you playing with your hair.