"It was truly an honour to be presenting the style icon award to him."
The Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards returned for its fifth year running on March 20, 2016, crowning veteran actor Dharmendra and fashion icons around India.
Hosted this year by Karan Johar, Regency Group CMD Mahesh Agarwal and Jaya Bachchan, the HT red carpet event held host to many names in the fashion industry and Bollywood.
The Awards took place in Mumbai, India, and winners included Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Parineeti Chopra.
Many more famous names stepped in looking fresh off the fashion runway to attend this spectacular event, showcasing an extreme amount of celebrity fashion in one night.
Bollywood A-listers gathered to either accept or support these awards, dressing glamorously to impress, showing off their own fashion styles.
Ranveer Singh redefined the red carpet, extravagantly entering the venue after kicking his car door open to then break out in a spontaneous jig up the carpet.
Following behind was a member of Ranveer’s team, carrying a beatbox for music to Ranveer to walk in to.
Katrina Kaif also stunned her fans, dressed in an elegant ivory gown, teamed up with Alia Bhatt as they entered the event together.
Katrina bagged herself the Most Stylish Actress Award, whereas Alia secured the title of Hindustan Times’ Readers Choice Most Stylish Actor Female trophy.
The HT Most Stylish Lifetime Style Icon Award was presented to Bollywood’s established veteran actor, Dharmendra, by the three hosts.
Regency Group’s Mahesh Agarwal, said:
“Dharmendra has set fashion benchmarks for people across the globe and is idolised by men and women all over the country.
“It was truly an honour to be presenting the style icon award to him.”
The actor also had the audience in stitches during his acceptance speech for his award.
On accepting his award for being a stylish global icon, SRK created a memorable moment by thanking many of the stars, such as Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan and Kabir Bedi for inspiring him.
This followed on with him mimicking dialogues from each of their films, producing a big laugh from the audience and fellow celebrities.
Here is the full list of winners at the Hindustan Times Most Stylish Awards 2016:
- The Most Stylish Youth Icon Male ~ Sidharth Malhotra
- The Most Stylish Youth Icon Female ~ Parineeti Chopra
- The Most Stylish Actress ~ Katrina Kaif
- The Most Stylish Actor ~ Ranveer Singh
- The Most Stylish Timeless Style Diva ~ Rekha
- The Most Stylish Lifetime Style Icon ~ Dharmendra
- The Most Stylish Newcomer ~ Athiya Shetty
- The Most Stylish Theatre Personality ~ Jim Sarbh
- The Most Stylish TV Personality (Male) ~ Rajeev Khandelwal
- The Most Stylish TV Personality (Female) ~ Mouni Roy
- The Most Stylist Global Icon ~ Shahrukh Khan
- The Original Style Icon ~ Sanjay Dutt
- The Readers’ Choice Awards (Male) and (Female) ~ Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt
- The Most Stylish Writer/Columnist ~ Shweta Bachchan Nanda
- The Most Stylish Film Maker ~ Imtiaz Ali
- The Most Stylish Sports Personality ~ Sharmila Nicolett
- The Most Stylish Music Personality ~ Rahul Sharma
- The Most Stylish Chef ~ Ranveer Brar
- The Most Stylish Fashion Personality ~ Kunal Rawal
- Breakthrough Talent Award ~ Sushant Singh Rajput
Congratulate to all the winners! Don’t forget to check out the red carpet snaps in our gallery below![Not a valid template]