For a dewy finish, use a sheer foundation or a tinted moisturiser as it will look more natural.
Bollywood actresses always seem to look effortlessly beautiful 24/7. Whether on camera, on the red carpet or just on their daily comings and goings.
One such actress is Deepika Padukone, who since making her debut in Om Shanti Om back in 2007 has become Bollywood’s leading heroine and one of India’s most popular celebrities.
Deepika’s signature look normally includes bronzed skin, soft winged liner and a colourful pout.
DESIblitz lists some of our favourite looks for Deepika and a few makeup and beauty tips that you can try yourself.
Deepika Look One
This makeup look is soft, demure and showcases a gentle smoky eye paired with a matte lip.
Keep the base flawless and make sure to conceal any troublesome areas.
Apply a neutral shadow all over the lid and blend before adding a taupe shadow to the crease of your brow and blending well.
Next use a soft kohl liner to line your top lash line – it doesn’t matter if it isn’t perfect. Then using a smudge brush or a cotton bud, blend the liner out over the lid until it becomes smoky and create a soft flick outwards.
Line lips before applying lipstick using a brush and blot between each finished application.
Fill in brows lightly to fill in any gaps and brush through for a softer look.
You can use a dark blush to use as a contour but you only need a little for it to be blended out.
Deepika Look Two
This look is a great look to keep in mind for spring/summer as it plays with warm colours such as coral and shows off fresh dewy skin that is a little bronzed.
To achieve a dewy finish, use a sheer foundation or a tinted moisturiser as it will look more natural.
For eyes, using bronzes and gold swept over the lid will add to the warmth of the look. You can then pair it with a soft kohl liner smudged out so that the eyes don’t look harsh.
Pick a fun, bright colour such as coral and apply to lips – you can add a slick of gloss or tinted balm over the top.
To finish, sweep a little bronzer over your face using a large fluffy brush over the hollows of your cheek bones, chin, temples, neck and jawline to create a subtle sun-kissed look.
Deepika Look Three
This look, shot for Vogue India has a wonderful vamp chic feel to it and is perfect for Autumn/Winter or glam parties you plan on attending.
The look is achieved by having a flawless base, strong defined brows, velvet lips and slick feline flicks.
- Start by applying a good moisturiser with an SPF (yes, even in winter) and let it sink into your skin before continuing, otherwise you risk your makeup sliding off.
- You can always give your skin some extra prepping by using a face primer such as Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing (smashbox.co.uk – £28.00) to ensure your makeup stays on all day.
- Next, apply foundation such as Mac’s Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation (maccosmetics.co.uk) using a buffing or stippling brush to really work the product into your skin.
- Conceal problem areas such as dark circles by using concealer such as Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (boots.co.uk – £4.19) and pat under the eyes using your ring finger.
- You can apply eye shadow primer such as Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (urbandecay.co.uk – £16.00) to your eyes.
- Apply a matte cream shadow such as the colour Strange from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (urbandecay.co.uk – £37.00) all over the lid up to the brow bone and blend well.
- Apply a shimmer shadow to the centre of the lid and blend out. Try Mac Vanilla Pigment (maccosmetics.co.uk – £17.00)
- Apply a shadow to your crease such as Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in the colour Wheat (bobbibrown.co.uk) and blend well.
- Use a good gel liner such as Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Black (boots.co.uk – £7.99), or using an angled liner brush, apply liner across the top lash line ending with a flick. You can build up the thickness of the liner as you go along.
- Curl lashes and apply two coats of mascara such as Volumiser Mascara (boots.co.uk – £10.99).
- Deepika’s brows are quite strongly defined here, so you can get away in choosing a slightly darker colour to fill in your brows with. YouTube sensation and makeup guru Tanya Burr often likes to use an angled brush and a MAC eye shadow – try the colour Charcoal Brown (maccosmetics.co.uk – £13.00).
- Lines lips with a similar or matching colour and then fill in lips using the liner – this will help the lipstick to adhere better. Most makeup artists like to apply lipstick (try True Colour Lipstick in Dare; sleekmakeup.com – £7.49) using a brush for more precision.
- Using a very thin tissue, press over lips and using a translucent powder such as Illamasqua Loose Powder in 010 (Illamasqua.com – £24.00) and a fluffy brush, apply a little of the product over the tissue.
- Finally apply a little contour to the hollow of your cheeks and blend very well so that it creates a natural shadow. Try Sleek Face Contour Kit (sleekmakeup.com – £9.99).
With Bollywood as your inspiration don’t be afraid to have a little fun in trying to change up your look, even if it might be a little daring.
The beauty counters are your playground to try out some tutorials such as these to see if you can find yourself a new look today, paying homage to our irresistible Bollywood beauty, Deepika Padukone.