"Contains shine absorbers to refine the look of troubled areas"
Just a few, yet crucial, beauty and skin care tips for oily skin, will keep you ahead of the game!
You can control and treat that shine, with a regular skin care routine and by investing some wise makeup products.
So, manage your oily skin, with some homemade remedies and recommended products chosen by DESIblitz.
Don’t let your oily skin get the best of you!
Milk of Magnesia
One of the fascinating beauty and skin care tips for oily skin, the milk of magnesia.
Namely, it is a liquid to treat indigestion. Notably, milk of magnesia wasn’t created for the skin purpose. Yet, it helps battle oily skin. Along with, creating a smoother skin and preventing blemishes.
While discussing the milk of magnesia, author Hannah Terrell writes in her book, Radiant Beauty:
“The white liquid has a soothing, antibacterial influence on the skin as well, making it especially suitable for acne prone or talc sensitive skin.”
In addition, she says: “The highly absorbent quality of magnesium hydroxide keeps skin matte for hours and can be used imperceptibly with or without makeup.”
As such, it works as a primer, the magic liquid that helps keep your makeup in place.
- As always, begin with a cleansed skin.
- Then apply tiny drops of the magnesia milk onto a cotton pad.
- Gently press the cotton pad all around the face, or only on the shiny areas.
- Wait for it to dry.
- Be sure to rub it in so you don’t have any streaky marks on your face and be sure not to apply too much. Otherwise, your skin will look white and ashy.
- Once it’s dry, continue applying makeup like you usually would.
Banana Honey Home Made Face Mask
Refreshen up with one of the homemade beauty and skin care tips for oily skin, a Banana and Honey face mask.
- A ripe Banana
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Lemon or Orange (Few Drops)
- Grab a small bowl and mash the Banana.
- Mix the Honey with the Banana.
- Add the drops of Lemon or Orange juice and combine well.
- Using your fingertips, apply the mask over your face.
- Leave on for 15 mins.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Pat dry with a towel.
Remember to do this once a week, and you’ll notice an improvement. Your skin shine will eventually calm down!
Apple Cider Vinegar & Green Tea Natural Toner
Moreover, a natural skin toner is another important component of the beauty and skin care tips for oily skin.
Here’s an easy recipe, that will help you with your imbalanced oily skin.
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 3/4 cup of green tea
- Mix the Apple Cider Vinegar with the green tea.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it all over your face.
- You can also experiment by further adding drops of Lemon juice.
Store the remaining toner in the fridge. Again, make sure you apply it regularly.
- Bowl (A bowl that fits your face size)
- Large Towel
- Face Towel
- Boil some water in a kettle.
- Put the water into your selected bowl.
- Place your face over the bowl of hot steaming water.
- Cover your face and head with the large towel, making sure it’s nice and dark, and no air is coming in. This will allow the steam to get to your face effectively.
- Gently rub and pat dry your face with your face towel.
This brilliant steaming process will clean your pores, reducing the amount of oil produced on the skin.
Blotting paper should be your best friend.
As another one of the beauty and skin care tips for oily skin, blotting paper works just as a tissue, absorbing excess oil on your face throughout the day.
However, tissues also remove your makeup in the process. But, the blotting paper tends to only get rid of excess oil, leaving your make up intact.
Available in three types, NYC offers Tea Tree, Green Tea, and Fresh Face blotting papers. The brand describes the Green Tea blotting paper as:
“Immersed with Green Tea extract to rejuvenate skin and absorbs shine quickly and effectively leaving skin looking fresh and matte.”
While mentioning the Tea Tree recipe, NYX explains the application procedure:
“Apply to T-zone and oily areas on the face. Remove excess shine without budging your makeup.”
Blotting & Translucent Powders
Powders are also a part of the kit, for the beauty and skin care tips for oily skin.
In fact, powders are every oily skin women’s saviour!
Always be sure to set your makeup with a translucent powder or a blotting powder.
Interestingly, they don’t add any extra colour. But, mattify your skin and get rid of any shine coming through on your face.
If you need to touch up throughout the day, then be sure to firstly blot away the excess oil on your face, before applying the coloured touch up powder.
For example, the Blended Face Powder & Brush by Clinique offers:
“Loose, lightweight powder that’s right for every type of skin. Makes pores seem to disappear. Provides a silken, flawless finish. Whisk off excess with swivel- out brush.”
Whereas, the MAC Blot Powder is described as:
“For use in professional situations and for frequent touch-ups on set or throughout the day. Provides a very sheer, natural-looking finish.”
If you have oily skin, it is best to use a matte foundation. See our 5 recommended foundations for oily skin here.
As such, these foundations have a light-weight texture, keeping you shine-free.
Clinique says that their stay-matte oil-free foundation:
“Contains shine absorbers to refine the look of troubled areas.”
And, there you have it, the DESIblitz makeup tips and skin care tricks to battle that oily skin!
These hacks for oily skin will surely save you when you’re having a problem combating oil on your skin.