Bacteria on your pillowcase can cause oiliness and acne- so change them regularly.
Get your oily skin in check- on a budget!
With summer, just around the corner, oily skin can be a slippery ordeal.
An established skin care routine is an effective way to gradually reduce the grease. So, let’s try and get you out of this bad relationship and let oily skin go!
A lot of people don’t understand their oily skin, which can make it worse. They start to take all the moisture out of their skin. Yet, doing that can cause the skin to produce more oils. And as a result, causes a higher likelihood of Acne.
But, setting up a skin routine could help. Don’t worry, you won’t need to buy expensive creams and serums or use harsh chemicals.
So, here’s some passed down Desi home remedies that blend well together to make a great skin routine.
Besan~ Gram Flour Mask
Although a component of baking, Gram flour could be the answer to your skincare issues.
Also known as Besan, this is an essential ingredient in the South Asian cuisine.
Grinded from a type of chickpeas, the fine powder is used to make Pakoras and Ladoos and other South Asian dishes.
Yet, for the South Asian women, it is most commonly used to reduce oiliness. A must for the Desi brides and their wedding day glow!
- 2/3 tablespoons of Besan (Gram Flour)
- 5/6 tablespoons of Water
- Start off with 2 tablespoons of Besan mixed in with the double amount of water for a thick paste.
- Generously apply to the face and leave on until the mixture hardens.
- Wash off gently with warm water and pat dry.
If you do have any open cuts or acne, a dash of haaldi turmeric, a natural antiseptic and should help clear them away.
Sugar Water Mask
An exfoliant made from sugar and water will be able to tackle the oiliness a bit more aggressively.
Sugar particles are known for a deeply cleansed scrub. They are effective in removing the dead skin surface and dirt, giving you a smooth and clogged free looking skin.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 4-6 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Mix the water and sugar together in a bowl.
- Dip a damp hand towel into the mixture and slowly perform circular motions on the face.
Alternatively, applying with hands and rubbing in gently with your fingers also makes the same effect.
Rose Water Mask
Using rose water with some cotton pads is great as a toner and tightens the pores right up.
It is also very cooling and will make the skin feel tighter, fresher, and less oily.
Alternatively, something that is more soothing rather than tightening is milk. Diluting the milk with 3 tablespoons of water. With the same method of application as with rose water, will surely do the job!
- 2 tablespoons of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Mix together milk and rose water
- Apply with hands or using a cotton ball.
Aloe Vera Gel Mask
Gel based substances help to reduce oils and dirt in the skin. Aloe Vera gel works particularly well.
The gel also creates a cooling effect and balances the oil in your skin- doing it all whilst your sound asleep!
Putting moisture back on at night then allows the opportunity for the skin to re-balance before it affects your daily routine.
- 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply the gel directly to your face.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
You can also add one tablespoon of honey, as it absorbs excess moisture.
Coconut Oil Mask
Yes, it will surprise you!
Now putting oil on oil probably makes no sense to most. Though the reason of excess oil on the skin is the body overcompensating for the porous and originally dry skin. But here, give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- A cotton pad soaked in coconut oil should do the trick. Generously spread around the face before going into a hot shower.
- Bacteria on your pillowcase can cause oiliness and acne- so change them regularly.
- Make a food diary, a lot of the time the skin is affected by what we eat.
- Don’t overdue this routine, it’s best once or twice a month- max.
These Desi home remedies should help your breakup with breakouts and oiliness. Letting you fall back in love with your skin again. Hopefully in time for a summer romance!