a perfect after-dinner treat for you and your loved one
Valentine’s Day is a special time for you and your partner to indulge in all your favourite delights. Not many foods are more romantic than strawberries, and nobody knows this better than renowned chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
So, why not incorporate them into a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert for you and your loved one to enjoy.
Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor has graced us with many tasty treats throughout his culinary career.
He has also made impeccable use of strawberries to add a little romance to his desserts.
We look at three of Sanjeev Kapoor’s strawberry-infused dessert recipes for you to try this Valentine’s Day.
Strawberry Lemon Frozen Yoghurt
This simple strawberry delight has featured on Sanjeev Kapoor Kitchen and is a perfect after-dinner treat for you and your loved one to share.
It is made by softening strawberries with the other ingredients before it is freezer until set.
The result is sweet, tangy, refreshing dessert.
- 10-15 strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 cups whisked yoghurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp gelatine
- 3 tbsp sweetened whipped cream
- Hull the strawberries and roughly chop them.
- Place the strawberries in a non-stick pan, then add the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Mix and cook the ingredients until they soften.
- Heat half a cup of water in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the gelatine to the water and mix well.
- Take the bowl of yoghurt, add the cooked strawberries and cream and mix.
- Add the gelatine and whisk well.
- Freeze until the mixture is completely set, then scoop and serve.
Also featured on Sanjeev Kapoor Kitchen, this Strawberry Velvet recipe is quick and easy to make.
This gives you more quality time to spend indulging your partner this Valentine’s Day.
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 chopped strawberries
- ½ cup strawberry crush
- 4 cups yoghurt
- 10-12 ice cubes
- Blend the strawberry crush, yoghurt, vanilla ice cream and ice cubes in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into glasses.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries and serve.
Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake
This cheesecake has featured on Sanjeev Kapoor’s show Khana Khazana.
It is a gorgeous strawberry, chocolate and yoghurt masterpiece with the power to make any meal special.
The recipe may be extensive but it will be worth the time and effort.
- 1 cup grated chocolate
- Hulled strawberries (as required)
- 8-10 coarsely crushed chocolate chip biscuits
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup chilled fresh cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup hung yoghurt
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 1 tsp strawberry essence
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate chip biscuits and mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a spring bottom cake tin. Spread the mixture evenly and press gently. Put the mixture in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, add one tablespoon of water to the strawberry jam and mix well.
- Place the fresh cream into a bowl, add the sugar and beat together. Add the hung yoghurt and continue to beat.
- Take a quarter cup of water in a bowl and heat in the microwave. Add the gelatine and set it aside to melt.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on high for one minute. Take it out and whisk until smooth.
- Add the melted gelatine to the cream mixture and mix well. Add the strawberry essence and mix.
- Pass the mixture through a muslin cloth into another bowl to get a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Remove the spring bottom tin from the fridge and pour the cream mixture over the biscuit layer. Smooth out and level the top.
- Take the now-diluted strawberry jam in a spoon and gently draw lines over the cream mixture.
- Similarly, take the melted cholate in a spoon and draw lines over each strawberry line.
- Use the tip of a knife to swirl the surface to achieve a marble effect.
- Arrange the strawberries around the outer edge of the cheesecake.
- Place in the fridge to set for approximately two hours. Cut into slices and serve.
However, making a special Valentine’s Day dish is about more than just the food.
Decorate the table with some candles, dim the lights, and make a playlist to get you and your partner in a romantic mood.
The last course of a meal is by far the most important, so spoil your partner with a sweet treat to make their Valentine’s Day.