Black Mascara is classic
Mascara is a make-up product that adds magic to eyes. It instantly makes your eyes stand out and grabs the required attention. However, the important question before using mascara is to determine what type of eye lashes you have.
If your lashes are short, pick lengthening mascara. While those of you who have thin lashes should go for a product that has volume enhancers. And all you lucky ladies who are born with long lashes- all you need is curling mascara.
Once you have picked out which type of mascara is best for you, it’s time to select what looks best with your complexion and compliments your outfit at the same time. We are talking about colour play. In the market you have a wide array to choose from. The trendy hues this season are blue and green. If you want to play safe, the best option is to stick to blacks and browns.
The art of applying mascara too counts; always apply mascara in thin coats. If your mascara clumps, use an eyelash comb to gently separate your lashes. Water proof mascara is the best way to avoid your eye make-up run. Check out, if it is water proof or not.
There are many brands of mascara. For example, Maybelline New York, Lancome Flextencils, Revlon DoubleTwist™, Clinique High Lengths, Sumptuous Color Bold Volume™ Lifting, Max Factor Masterpiece and Blinc, which creates tiny, water-resistant “tubes” around lashes, making them appear thicker and longer than lashes painted by common mascaras.
According to model Archana Akhil Kumar,
“Mascara is the must-have accessory for women. It simply make your eyes look beautiful.”
She adds, “Black Mascara is something we all wear but I would suggest girls try out colourful mascara, it is fun and funky. Blue is my favourite and for a dramatic look, I apply mascara only to the upper lashes.”
- To make your eyes stand out, blend your eye-liner with a thin layer of eye shadow.
- Apply properly, by starting with the wand at the base of your lashes and working out to the tips.
- Mascara should always be applied in thin coats, this avoids clumping.
- Blink onto the brush to give ends an extra coat.
- Apply one coat of lengthening mascara, followed by one coat of thickening mascara to make lashes pop out.
- Resist the temptation to pump the wand in and out of the tube of mascara because it introduces contaminants to the tube and also causes it too dry out faster.
- Wiggling the wand at the base of the lashes will give the effect of making your lashes look thicker.
- Use the lash comb to separate any lashes that are stuck together.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. A new colour or new applicator brush may give you a totally amazing look.
- Replace your mascara after 3 months, or sooner if it smells “off” or looks dry.
Expert Gouri Kapur, is a celebrity make-up and hair stylist. she has been in the Indian beauty industry over a decade and is an established name to be reckoned with. She has worked with stars like Deepika Padukone, Neha Dhupia, Sonali Bendre, Yana Gupta, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Katrina Kaif, Lisa Ray, Rahul Dravid and Pooja Bedi.
With an eye for quality and perfection her love for art, creation and the empowerment of the transformation tools transcended into an institute of imparting the craft to anyone who would want ‘make up’ a part of their lives.
When it comes to mascara, Gouri says, “Whenever you use Mascara see to it that it’s always water and smudge proof. Black Mascara is classic and works for everyone. Use powder under the eye before applying mascara. It will avoid smudging. Once applied use an eyelash curler. Curling lashes gives eyes the appearance of being wider and brighter. The latest trends are to use colourful Mascara and green and blue are the rage.”