Raped Indian Wife Commits Suicide after Police free Rapists

An Indian wife committed suicide after the two men she accused of raping her have been released by police. The incident happened at her home.

indian woman suicide rape

"The accused had not just raped her but also made a video clip of the act."

An unnamed woman, aged 35, from Gonda, Uttar Pradesh committed suicide after the two men she accused of raping her were released by police during December 2018.

It was heard that the woman hanged herself at her home in the Kernalganj area a few days after the police freed Shankar Dayal and his brother Ashok Kumar, both from the Kernalganj area.

The woman, who is a mother-of-two, had accused the two men of raping her multiple times in August 2018. It was heard that the two men also filmed the attack.

Local police initially investigated the case but it was then given to the district crime branch, however, both the investigation officers gave a verbal certificate of exoneration to Dayal and Kumar.

As a result of not getting justice, the woman took her own life. The victim’s husband has accused the police of negligence in the investigation.

He said: “Police didn’t conduct a thorough investigation, she didn’t get justice.

“The accused had not just raped her but also made a video clip of the act. She was very upset when police gave the accused a clean chit, and so she committed suicide.”

It was not the first time that the victim tried to take her own life. In September 2018, the woman and her husband attempted self-immolation outside Vidhan Bhawan Council House in Lucknow to highlight her difficult situation.

On January 14, 2019, two police officers have been suspended and further investigations into the case will take place. Dayal and Kumar are currently on the run.

A police officer from Gonda police station said: “Two police personnel have been suspended. Further probe will be conducted.”

In another case of injustice, a 17-year-old girl was poisoned, assaulted and threatened by two men in Delhi after she refused to withdraw a rape case.

The teenager had filed a rape case against a 20-year-old man who had allegedly raped her in 2018.

The attack took place on Thursday, January 10, 2019, in Hastsal village when the girl was on the way home from tuition.

It was heard that two men on a motorbike blocked her path and threatened to kill her if she gave a statement against the accused in court.

However, when she refused to withdraw her statement, they allegedly grabbed her and forced her to drink poison.

A police officer said: “The attackers fled the spot when the girl raised an alarm and some people in the area rushed to her aid. Meanwhile, when the girl started feeling dizzy, she boarded an auto-rickshaw and got herself admitted at a hospital.”

The girl got to the hospital where she is said to be stable but she is still under observation.

A case was registered under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code against the rape accused who was released on bail. He is currently on the run from police.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”

  • What's New



  • Polls

    Do you agree with Sex before Marriage?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...