Indian Scientist commits suicide after Row with Wife

An Indian scientist who worked at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) took his own life after an argument with his wife.

Indian Scientist commits suicide after Row with Wife f

the Indian scientist hanged himself from the ceiling fan

An Indian scientist committed suicide after reportedly having an argument with his wife.

The scientist was identified as Anuj Tripathi. He worked in the biochemistry department at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Trombay, Mumbai.

It was reported that he used a towel to hang himself from the ceiling fan.

Police have registered a case of accidental death and said that the incident took place at Anu Shakti Nagar, a residential complex meant for BARC employees.

Senior Inspector Siddeshwar Gove said that the 37-year-old had a row with his wife Saroj on January 28, 2021, at around 9:30 am over the feeding of their children.

He stated that no suicide note has been found.

Police believe that the argument was the reason for his suicide due to it taking place shortly after the row.

Officers have said that at around 10:50 am, the Indian scientist hanged himself from the ceiling fan using a towel.

Anuj was rushed to the BARC hospital with the help of his neighbours, however, he was pronounced dead before admission.

The investigation is ongoing.

According to the 2019 NCRB Suicide Records, nearly 100,000 men take their own lives every year in India, with the main reason being domestic and family issues.

In a similar incident, a police officer took his own life after an argument with his wife.

It was revealed that ASI Tarun Pandey had been married for just over a month.

The incident happened on the second floor of a four-storey police quarters building at around 4 pm.

One officer had said that ASP Pandey and his wife got into a heated argument which left him upset. He then used his service revolver to shoot himself in the head in front of her.

She immediately screamed for help.

Police officers from the neighbouring building rushed to the spot and transferred the critically injured officer to the Tata Main Hospital.

However, as they carried him down, Tarun collapsed. A doctor was called and confirmed that the officer died.

News of the incident spread quickly among the police and senior officers soon got involved. Senior Superintendent M Tamil Vanan and Superintendent Subhash Chandra Jat arrived at the scene.

SP Jat confirmed that it was a case of suicide. He said that ASI Pandey shot himself at his residence in front of his wife and later died.

Despite the officer’s statement, police said they did not know for sure if the Indian cop had an argument with his wife or not. The reason for the suicide was under investigation.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”