however, she backed out of the project
Reports have emerged that Kangana Ranaut turned down a film role opposite Sushant Singh Rajput and Irrfan Khan in 2016.
Kangana has been outspoken following the tragic death of Sushant.
The actress has often spoken about a Bollywood mafia is running things and how star kids are given preference over outsiders.
Kangana has openly said that the mafia conspired to ruin Sushant’s film career and that she would have loved to have worked with the actor.
Shortly after her revelation, all the film roles Sushant lost out on and projects of his which got shelved came out in the open.
However, it was revealed that Kangana rejected a film that would have seen her star alongside Sushant and Irrfan Khan.
It was a film set to be directed by Homi Adajania. The project was ultimately never made.
Reportedly, Kangana had shown a keen interest in doing the film, however, she backed out of the project in 2016.
She eventually refused the film, stating that she had scheduling conflicts. At the time, she was working on Rangoon opposite Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan at the time.
Kangana was then set to start work on Hansal Mehta’s Simran.
As the dates were clashing, Kangana had to drop the project.
A source had said at the time:
“Homi (Adajania) has narrated the (story) idea to Kangana (Ranaut) and she is keen to work with him.”
“But she is already committed to Hansal Mehta’s film after Rangoon. And the dates are clashing. But they have promised to work with each other in the future.”
At the time, Kangana had also finalised her role of Rani Laxmibai. Ketan Mehta was initially brought in as the director, however, Kangana ended up co-directing the 2019 film Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi.
Both Sushant and Irrfan tragically passed away in 2020.
Irrfan died of a colon infection on April 29 after a long battle with cancer.
Sushant was found dead at his apartment on June 14. While it was initially said to be suicide, his death is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Kangana has openly stated that Sushant was killed by the Bollywood mafia after ruining his career.
She previously said that her time on social media may be limited due to her comments against influential figures within Bollywood.
The actress promised to use her time to expose those who are allegedly trying to ostracise her.
Her tweet read: “My friends here may find my talks unidimensional, mostly directed at movie mafia, their anti-national and Hinduphobic racket.
“I know my time is limited here, they can get my account suspended any minute, even though I have a lot to share but I must utilise this time to expose them.”