Girl commits Suicide in Malaysia after Harassment in India

A girl from the Indian state of Punjab committed suicide while living in Malaysia after being subjected to harassment in India.

Girl commits Suicide in Malaysia after Harassment in India f

"The duo managed to get my daughter’s contact number"

A girl from the city of Barnala, Punjab, committed suicide whilst living in Malaysia. The incident happened on the night of January 16, 2020.

It was reported that the deceased was constantly harassed by two men. She moved to Malaysia after being harassed in India.

The accused were identified as Milan Singh Ghuggi and Amandeep Singh. The residents of Punjab state have had cases registered against them.

A case was registered based on a statement from the deceased’s mother.

She told police that the two men had been harassing her daughter for nearly one year. Ghuggi and Singh would send explicit messages to her and would also confront her, making vulgar comments.

The mother revealed that her daughter called the 181 helpline in July 2019. The call was transferred to Sadar Police Station, however, no action was taken.

In an attempt to get away from the harassment, the girl’s parents sent her to Malaysia where she enrolled on a beauty course.

Despite moving to another country, the harassment continued. The men carried on sending obscene messages. They also started threatening her parents.

Ghuggi and Singh created a fake Facebook profile and sent the girl explicit messages and videos. They also blackmailed her, demanding money from her.

The deceased’s mother said: “We lodged a complaint with the police as well as on the 181 helpline, but to no avail.

“So, we sent our daughter to Malaysia in July 2019 for doing a beautician course. The duo managed to get my daughter’s contact number and continued to harass her by sending obscene messages.”

Prior to taking her own life on January 16, the girl went live on social media, explaining her ordeal.

She explained that she left India in an attempt to evade the harassment she was being subjected to but it continued.

The girl stated that the harassment became more severe once she moved to Malaysia.

She ended up committing suicide by using her ceiling fan to hang herself.

The parents later found out what happened to their daughter and called the police. Barnala SSP Harjit Singh registered a case.

The deceased’s father said:

“The duo use to threaten my daughter that they would post her photos on Instagram and Facebook.”

Ghuggi and Singh were booked for abetment to suicide. They were also booked under Sections 384 (extortion), 506 (criminal intimidation), 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.

Police are investigating to find out their whereabouts in order to arrest them.

During the investigation, it was revealed that Ghuggi and Singh video called the girl on the night she died. She told them that she was fed up with their constant harassment.

She then committed suicide. It was reported that one of the men took a screenshot of the incident and sent it to a friend in Malaysia named Nisha.

Nisha was the one who informed the parents about the tragic incident.

Dhiren is a journalism graduate with a passion for gaming, watching films and sports. He also enjoys cooking from time to time. His motto is to “Live life one day at a time.”

What's New

  • Polls

    Would you use a Sex Clinic for Sexual Health?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...