there is no excuse to stick to the usual limited menu
Vegetarian recipes are in demand and so is the variety of the choices available. The festive menu is not just about turkey, chicken, pork, meat or egg based dishes anymore.
There are many vegetarians and vegans who want to enjoy a sumptuous meal to celebrate the holiday season and who are probably bored of a bland ‘nut roast’ or typical Desi dishes.
So, we’ve selected for you 36 amazing vegetarian recipes of starters, mains and desserts for you to choose from and then cook and enjoy with the special people around you or even on your own!
These vegetarian recipes span across the use of natural and easily available ingredients from your supermarkets and stores. They are totally suitable for vegans too.
Simply click on the name of the dish to be taken to the recipe of your choice.
Here is a choice of fantastic vegetarian starters for your entrée.
- Spinach, Sundried Tomato and Goat’s Cheese Pakoras – a wonderful starter away from the traditional vegetable recipe.
- Middle-Eastern Aubergine Rounds – lovely alternative with a topping of roasted garlic hummus and tomatoes.
- Fig and Goat’s Cheese Pissaladière – pissaladière is made of dough and here it is topped with fig and goat”s cheese.
- Mini Mushroom, Kalonji and Feta Pies – these are very tasty little pies and ideal to start with.
- Sweet Potato and Goat’s Cheese Samosas – Non fried healthy starter with a gorgeous filling.
- Fresh Ricotta Crostini – quick tasty starter with a crunchy base and fresh ricotta on top.
- Vine-Ripened Tomato Stuffed with Couscous Salad – a beautiful starter with an amazing filling.
- Vegan Mushroom Rolls – tasty puff pastry rolls filled with a herb based mushroom filling
- Grilled Tofu with Asiago and Walnut Pesto – tofu grilled with a very yummy topping of pesto.
- Stuffed Naan Pockets with Spicy Pizza Dip – lovely mini naan pockets accompanied by an enticing dip.
- Spiced Tomato & Spinach Savoury Muffins – wonderful savoury muffins made with slow piri piri roasted tomatoes.
Next, is the choice of main course of beautiful vegetarian dishes.
- Mushroom, Chestnut & Cranberry Tart – a delectable vegan tart which is ideal for any festive table.
- Jerk Spiced Paneer and Soya – a nice dish with the the mix of jerk and herb flavours served with rice.
- Vegetarian Potato Bake – a tasty mix of vegetarian sausages, potatoes, butternut squash and cream.
- Indian Potato Pie – a filo pastry pie with a the Indian spiced potatoes for the filling which can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Sundried Tomato Meat Free Balls and Spaghetti – gorgeous vegan online casino meat free balls served with a tomato sauce and spaghetti.
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Rosemary Cream – portobello mushrooms stuffed with a mix of vegetables topped with a creamy garlic sauce.
- Butternut Squash Risotto – a lovely main course made with Arborio rice and butternut squash which should use vegetable stock.
- Spinach and Tomato Tart – a very tasty vegan tart made with cashews, tomatoes and spinach.
- Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts Cheese – a tasty mix of festive sprouts and cauliflower for a cheesy bake.
- Spanish Stuffed Peppers – a great vegan recipe for bell peppers stuffed with quinoa and spices.
- Moroccan Spiced Pie – a very attractive looking pie full of flavours for your festive main.
- Mushroom, Sweet Potato and Polenta Stack – a yummy stack built up with blue cheese, mushrooms and sweet potato.
To finish off, a choice of wonderful vegetarian desserts.
- Chocolate, Cherry & Honeycomb Parfait – a wonderful combination of ingredients which results in a vegan chocolate treat.
- Chai Coconut & Mango Creams – gorgeous fruity and delicately spiced vegan dessert to enjoy.
- White Chocolate & Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tort – a gorgeous looking vegan dessert with a fantastic taste.
- Spiced Flapjacks – a lovely baked vegan dessert which can be served with ice cream or even custard.
- Vegan Christmas Pudding – a vegan twist to make a traditional Christmas pudding for dessert.
- Chocolate Avocado Cake – a yummy vegan eggless chocolate and avocado cake
- Classic Cheesecake – a vegan version of the classic cheesecake decorated with raspberries.
- Roasted Pear with Walnut & Ginger Filling – can be served as a starter or as a vegan dessert.
- Vegan Mince Pies – these are very tasty and eggless and ideal for vegans or vegetarians.
- Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream – a lovely winter dish made with tart apples served with vanilla ice cream.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies – chocolate brownies with peanut butter swirls for a tempting vegan dessert.
- Carrot Cake– a lovely vegan version of the classic carrot cake bursting with flavours.
The choice from these vegetarian recipes should give you some great ideas to make a wonderful festive dinner for vegetarians and vegans to enjoy.
So, there is no excuse to stick to the usual limited menu for Desi vegetarian family or friends, but to definitely try something different, tasty and nutritious too.