13-year-old Boys sentenced for Machete Murder of Shawn Seesahai

Two 13-year-old boys have been sentenced for the murder of Shawn Seesahai, who was stabbed with a machete in a Wolverhampton park.

13-year-old Boys sentenced for Machete Murder of Shawn Seesahai f

“Shawn was only 19 when his life was taken"

Two 13-year-old boys have been sentenced for the murder of Shawn Seesahai at a park in Wolverhampton.

The boys killed the 19-year-old on November 13, 2023, when they were just 12.

Due to their age, they cannot be named for legal reasons but both were sentenced to eight years and six months in a young offenders’ institution.

On the night of the murder, Shawn and two friends travelled to Wolverhampton so one of the friends could visit his girlfriend.

Shawn, who had been living in Birmingham, had been in the UK for around six months, having come over from his home in Anguilla for eye surgery.

As he and a friend waited on a bench in Stowlawn playing fields, two youngsters who had been on a nearby basketball court came over.

The following exchange resulted in Shawn Seesahai being fatally stabbed.

Despite medical efforts, Shawn was declared dead at 9:11 pm.

Both boys denied murder but on June 10, 2024, they were convicted of the charge. One admitted possessing a bladed article, while the second was found guilty of the same charge.

During sentencing, Shawn’s family highlighted the impact of the “tragic, unexpected and senseless murder of our beloved son and brother”.

Shawn’s father Suresh said: “Losing a child is a parent’s worst nightmare.

“It has left a huge hole in the pit of our stomach which nothing can fill, we are devastated as a family, totally heartbroken and confused.”

Chief Superintendent Kim Madill said: “Shawn’s murder was horrifying, leaving his family understandably heartbroken and mourning their beloved son, and our thoughts and sympathies will remain with them.

“Today’s sentence can never make up for Shawn’s life being taken, but we hope it can bring some comfort to all those who loved him.

“Shawn was only 19 when his life was taken at the hands of two boys, then aged just 12, who had armed themselves with a machete.

“That reality has had a huge impact on us all – it is both shocking and saddening.”

“The impact of knife crime is devastating and no matter where you live in the country, this is an issue which affects us all.

“Much work has been done and we have had successes in some areas however this is clearly not enough.

“We are listening to families affected by knife crime and acting on their feedback to see what more we can do with partners to stop the devastation caused by knife crime.

“Our responsibility is to work together with partners to understand why children and young people think it is ok to carry weapons and take further action to stop this extremely dangerous behaviour.

“Our work will not stop and any death or injury as a result of knife crime will never be acceptable.”

The boys are believed to be the youngest child killers since Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, both aged 11, were found guilty in 1993 of killing two-year-old James Bulger.

Lead Editor Dhiren is our news and content editor who loves all things football. He also has a passion for gaming and watching films. His motto is to "Live life one day at a time".





  • Play DESIblitz Games
  • What's New

    MORE

    "Quoted"

  • Polls

    Which is the best halfway line goal in football?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...