An amazing prize awaits the overall winner
Mobile phone operator O2 is giving someone from the UK a shot at international stardom with the chance to win a role in a top Indian soap opera. O2’s Indian Soap Star is a new competition, which will see one aspiring actor win a walk on speaking part in the international award-winning Zee TV show, Pavitra Rishta.
Throughout November, O2’s Indian Soap Star audition teams will be scouring the UK in search of the best talent. The Indian Soap Star audition roadshow takes in six destinations across the UK, including: London, Birmingham, Leicester, Manchester, Glasgow, Slough and Croydon.
The roadshow has visited Manchester, London and Glasgow already and have had some very interesting auditions for the role. Watch the video below to check out the talent so far!
If you can do better then don’t hesitate to get yourself to any of the following venues and you could be the lucky winner of O2’s Indian Soap Star search.
- Birmingham, Bull Ring: Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st November
- Leicester, Highcross: Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st November
- Slough, Queensmere Observatory: Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th
- Croydon, the Whitgidft: Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th
Entrants to O2’s Indian Soap Star are treated to a unique experience, receiving top acting tips before undertaking their audition in a dedicated screen test room manned by a professional production crew. The audition roadshow, which is open to everyone aged 16 and over, will also include a Mehndi artist, as well as the opportunity to make free international calls.
Following the regional auditions, entrants will be narrowed down to a regional winner from each location, before the judging panel comprising of representatives of O2 and Zee TV pick a final winner to be announced in early December 2010 on the O2 Facebook page.
An amazing prize awaits the overall winner, who, along with two friends of their choice, will get a week long exclusive Bollywood experience, including: return flights to Mumbai; a week’s accommodation in a luxury hotel; spending money – all on top of filming for the show.
Even those who fail in their bid for soap stardom will still get their moment of fame, as audition videos will be loaded on to the dedicated Indian Soap Star You Tube channel where they will be free to share with friends and family.
Pavitra Rishta, is one of Zee TVs highest rated shows, with 500 million viewers worldwide.
It tells the story of a typical family from the Marathi region called the Karanjkars. The lucky winner will feature in a special episode of the show, filmed in India, in a unique role created especially for our new soap star from the UK.
O2 Indian Soap Star competition coincides with the launch of International Favourites from O2. Offering excellent value for money, convenience and simplicity, International Favourites is one of the best deals on offer for the six million people that regularly call abroad.
To find out more about the Indian Soap Star roadshow visit www.facebook.com/o2uk
FREE BLACKBERRY COMPETITION
To celebrate the O2 Indian Soap Star talent search, DESIblitz has teamed up with O2 to offer on lucky reader the opportunity to win a Blackberry Curve 8250. To enter the draw, answer the question ‘When was Pavitra Rishta first aired on Zee TV?’ Fill in the form below and submit your entry.
The competition closes at 7.00pm on Sunday 28th November 2010. Please read the terms and conditions below before entering.
The winner of the Blackberry Curve 8250 was selected by using a mathematical random number picker. The winner of the O2 Blackberry Curve was:
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition , you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winners will be contacted at the “sender” email address that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrants of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their prize will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winners via the email provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the prize.
- Winners may not request substitutions of winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the prize.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prize.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.