Deepika Padukone shows us how to channel our inner Aphrodite with this million dollar look.
What would Christmas be if we didn’t get into the party spirit?
Everybody knows that a good night out demands a killer hairstyle and flawless makeup.
And whether it’s an office party, or a New Year’s Eve gathering, everything must be on point.
So in light of the upcoming party season, DESIblitz brings you the hottest hair and makeup trends, so that you look fierce and fabulous this festive season.
Blenders and brushes at the ready, girls …
1. The Classic Vamp
Create a look to die for with this dark and daring ensemble, just like Sonam Kapoor.
Get The Look!
- Prepare your hair with the Elnett Heat Protect Spray Waves from L’Oréal (£4.99), and create an off-centre parting.
- Take your tongs and create loose, bouncy waves, starting from the top layer of your hair.
- Once your curls are complete, spray Medium Hold Hairspray from Toni&Guy (£6.39), scrunching your curls upwards whilst doing so to create a volumised, bounciful look.
- Once you’ve applied your go to makeup sources, use Mac Cyberworld Lip Liner (12.50) to create the base of your lips – this will add dimension and shape.
- Then add Mac Instigator Lipstick (£15.50) on to the top of your lips create the ultimate dominatrix look.
**Tip** Go that extra mile and treat your nails to Mac Rebel Studio Nail Lacquer (£10.00)!
2. Golden Goddess’ French Twist
With this tousled twisted updo and golden makeup, Deepika Padukone shows us how to channel our inner Aphrodite with this million dollar look.
Get The Look!
- Use Elnett Volume Excess Hairspray (£3.98) to volumise your hair, then brush to create a side parting.
- Taking sections of your hair, backcomb your locks until they are texturised.
- Then, gather your hair together whilst twisting it towards the back of the head.
- Separate a strand towards the front of your scalp to create that tousled, free flowing look.
- Finish off your do’ with hairspray to ensure flyaway strands are kept in check.
- Apply bronzer to where the sunlight hits your face – this is usually the cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin.
- Next, add a golden eye pencil around the eye, as well as to the waterline.
- Use a similar coloured eyeshadow across the eyelid and towards the brow bone- we recommend using Bobbi Brown Mini Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sunlight Gold (£21.00).
- Taking a darker shade, this time Golden Bronze, blend the two colours outwards to mould that smokey effect you desire.
- Finish off your look with a lengthening mascara, and a deep red lip colour.
3. Faux Bob with Soft, Subtle Makeup
If you’re a modern fashionista with an old school style, then try out this sweet and chic look at your next party.
Get The Look!
- If you have naturally straight hair, add a few loose curls into your do’ to create that classic, wind swept elegance.
- Place your locks through your Wrap Up Hair Styling Sponge or your Scuni Tool Bob Making Kit (£4.00), leaving approximately three inches out.
- Roll your hair around the product until it reaches just under your jawline.
- Secure the style with bobby pins and hairspray, and voila!
- A soft pink blush would be ideal for this look – No7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush Stick (£9.95) adds colour to the cheeks without setting too strong.
- For your eyes, we suggest using a subtle pink eyeshadow for your lids, blending into the brow bone, followed by applying a lightweight mascara.
- Next, use the No7 Instant radiance Highlighter (£9.95) on your nose, forehead, and chin.
- Finish off this easy breezy look with the No7 Match Made Stay Perfect Lipstick in Pomegranate (£9.95).
4. The Statement Maker
Be confident this season with the ultimate hair and makeup combo that’s sure to send any man into a frenzy.
Get The Look!
- Use textured spray on your hair before blow drying. Remember to dry the crown of your head from the roots, whilst smoothly drying the sides.
- Pin your hair back on either sides, then add waves towards the bottom of your locks.
- Once curled, tease volume into the crown of your hair by backcombing, then sweep backwards.
- Using a fine comb, iron out any rough patterns to ensure a smooth, flawless finish, whilst adding shape and body along the way.
- Spray some Toni&Guy Extreme Hold Hairspray (£6.39), and you’re ready for your runway.
- A strong contour and a bright matte lip colour is perfect for this chiseled look.
- Take the Sleek Face Contour Kit (£6.49), and align the contour powder from your ear across to your cheekbones, building definition as you wish.
- Next, draw two parallel lines on the bridge of your nose, and one across the ballpoint.
- Add the highlight power to your cheeks and brow area, and blend the two tones together.
- Finish by using the Mac Relentlessly Red Lipstick (£15.50).
5. A Top Knot Above the Rest
Join the Kardashian/Jenner clan this party season by rocking this red carpet worthy ensemble.
Get the Look!
- Start off by using the Kardashian Beauty Smooth Styler Blow Dry Cream (£10.80) to create a sleek and slicked look for your locks.
- Next, take your hair into a high pony, making sure all edges are smoothed out.
- Wrap the hair around your hair binder, and secure with bobby bins. It’s as simple as that.
- To glam this look up, we suggest keeping eye makeup to a minimal, and unleashing your inner Kardashian by using a striking lip colour.
- Bold reds and plums are typical colours used in conjunction with this style, but corals and hot pinks would create an eye capturing statement. We suggest using Rimmel London Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick (£5.49) in shade #36.
Say goodbye to your 9-5, and say hello to your inner party queen.
Everyone deserves to look and feel good this Christmas, and with these striking looks, you can do just that.