Sitting twists will help you achieve that perfect cinched waist
Every bride-to-be has particular lehenga-specific goals, however, to achieve the desired look may be challenging.
When you say yes to the perfect lehenga, it might mean that to look exquisite in it, you may feel you need to lose some weight.
Therefore, achieving your desired body to look good in your wedding outfit can be helped with some specific exercises.
Before carrying out any physical exercises it is imperative that you are in good health and set yourself realistic and achievable goals.
Motivation, dedication and consistency are required to ensure you work towards your fitness goals.
To achieve your weight-loss goals, it is important you give yourself ample time prior to your wedding. Six months is ideal while three months can yield some results depending on your routine and level of activities.
We present a number of exercises for you to follow to ensure you look and feel good in your lehenga.
Workout for the Open Back Dress
If you are thinking of adorning an open-back lehenga and want to ensure you have the perfect ‘c’ curve down the centre of your back then follow these exercises.
- Lie flat on your stomach with your hands placed on either side of your head.
- Lift your chest and legs off the ground while keeping your hips firm on the ground.
- Hold that position in the air for 3 seconds.
The superman exercise helps target the small of the back banishing your love-handles.
We advise that this workout should be repeated 10 times in sets of 3 to achieve maximum results.
Reverse Flutter Kicks
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Rest your head on your hands.
- Raise your legs above the ground in a scissor-like motion and alternate.
This exercise targets the entire back area. Repeat these reverse flutter kicks 12 times in sets of 3.
- Lie flat on your stomach.
- Place your hands by your shoulders.
- Slowly raise your upper body with your head tilted towards the ceiling.
- For a deeper stretch walk your hands slowly in towards to your hips.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
This pose is aimed at helping you achieve the perfect ‘c’ as well as improving your overall posture.
There is no doubt this would be beneficial when you are sitting down posing for the camera as a bride.
Sleeveless Lehenga Exercises
Another difficult area of the body to target is your arms. The arms carry stubborn fat which is a nuisance for brides who want to opt for sleeveless lehengas.
- Get into a push-up position.
- Lift your right hand and touch your right thigh.
- Alternate between each hand shifting your weight.
Thigh taps should be repeated 10 times in sets of 4. This exercise helps tighten the muscles in your biceps and triceps leaving you with toned arms.
- Get into a push-up position.
- Slowly bend your arms to the ground and push yourself back up.
The classic push up work has been tried and tested for decades. It helps with your deltoids, triceps and biceps.
- Stand up with your back straight.
- Raise your arms to 180 degrees.
- Clench your fists and rotate your arms in small circles.
- This must be repeated in both clockwise and anti-clockwise circles.
These circle motions must be repeated 25 times in sets of 4. If you want to get rid of your flappy arms, be sure to give this a go.
Slender Torso Exercises
The stomach is certainly a problematic area for many when it comes to exercising.
We all have suffered from a ‘muffin top’ belly which refuses to go away regardless of how healthy we eat.
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Place your hands by your side.
- Raise each leg in repeatedly in a scissor-like motion for 30 seconds.
This exercise targets your lower abdominals. You should feel a burning sensation while carrying out this exercise.
Repeat flutter kicks in sets of three with 45-second intervals.
20 Knee to Elbow Crunches
- Lay flat on the ground and raise your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Raise your right elbow to touch your left knee and alternate this pattern.
If you are a beginner to exercising, we advise you to start with three sets and work your way up to completing five sets.
Take breaks with up to two-minute intervals. Knee to elbow crunches are best for targetting the entire torso region; abdominals, obliques and core.
- Sit down with your back straight and your knees slightly away from your chest.
- Twist your upper body until your elbow touches the ground.
- Alternative this pattern at a steady pace.
This workout targets the obliques and must be repeated 20 times in sets of 5.
Sitting twists will help you achieve that perfect cinched waist which will allow you to flaunt off your slender frame in your wedding dress.
Tone the Butt and Thighs
The mermaid lehenga silhouette is adorned by many brides-to-be. This sexy shape perfectly enhances your hour-glass figure.
- Stand with your legs and shoulders in line.
- Point your toes at 180 degrees.
- Squat down as though you are going to sit in a chair.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds.
Sumo squats will help combat the inner things by tightening the quadriceps muscles. Repeat the sumo squats 20 times with sets of 3.
If you want to challenge yourself try this exercise with weights.
- Lie down on your side.
- Rest your head on your arms.
- Keeping your leg straight raise it up and down.
Leg lifts must be repeated 40 times in sets of 3. This exercise will leave you with a toned butt.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Raise your knees while your feet are firm on the ground.
- Push your hips into the air while your back is on the ground.
Repeats this 10 times in sets of 3. Bridges ensure you are left with a perky behind. This would look great in a figure-hugging lehenga skirt.
Double Chin Workouts
Alongside desiring to achieve a perfect body for you to show off in your lehenga, the facial area is often overlooked.
Back and Forth Tilts
- Ensure your back is straight.
- Tilt your head back and hold for 5 seconds.
- Breath in and then tilt your head forward and breath out.
This simple workout should be repeated 10 times in sets of 3 with 30-second intervals.
Side to Side Tilts
- Straighten your posture.
- Slowly tilt your head to the right and hold for 5 seconds, you should feel a pull in the left side of your neck.
- Then slowly tilt your head to the left and hold for 5 seconds.
Side to side tilts must be continued 10 times in sets of 3. If you want to take things up a notch to ensure a sharp jawline go up to sets of 5.
- With a straight back rotate your head in a clockwise motion (360 degrees).
- Then repeat this in an anti-clockwise motion (360 degrees).
This exercise will help you combat the double chin, leaving you with a sharp jawline.
These numerous workouts are designed to combat various parts of the body. You can select whichever exercises work for your areas of concern.
Follow the instructions to every exercise to achieve a fitter and healthier you, to look good in your wedding lehenga.