DESIblitz.com in association with The Drum and Matribhoomi Theatre are offering two exclusive tickets to see Jeet’s hilarious new Punjabi play, Desi Peo in Birmingham.
Best known from Channel 4’s The Family, writer and director duo, Jeet and Kaki have taken over Birmingham and the Drum with their Punjabi comedy series. Following the huge success of Naukar Woti Da, they are now showcasing the incredibly funny Desi Peo for family audiences to enjoy.
Set in London, Desi Peo blends together traditional with the modern in what is a chaotic family set up. Joginder Singh (played by Jeet) is both a father and a husband who lives with his wife Lucy and son Gaz.
Newly retired, he hopes to enjoy a quiet and relaxed life after his years of hard work.
Joginder is a big believer of traditional Punjabi values, but his wife and son have a completely different view. With tradition and modern lifestyles clashing together, chaos and riots ensue. What happens when a stern Jeet doesn’t get his way?
This Desi play promises tension and humour in one, and most of us will certainly be able to relate to it in one way or another.
Written by Kaki (Gurdip Kaur Chaudhary) and directed by Jeet (Jitender Singh), this family comedy performed in Punjabi is sure to have audiences rolling with laughter.
This is one Punjabi play, you definitely don’t want to miss!
Date and Time: Saturday 31st May 2014 – 7.30pm
Venue: The Drum, 144 Potters Lane, Aston, Birmingham B6 4UU
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To win a FREE ticket to see DESI PEO, follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
Then, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now!
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
One entry will allow you to win one ticket. The competition closes at 12.00pm on Thursday 29th May 2014. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.