Raw potato contains bleaching agents, which will reduce puffiness and lighten dark circles
Dark circles and sunken eyes are a common skin problem for the South Asian women.
There are various contributing factors that cause these under-eye shadows. It could be due to age, genetics, diet, lifestyle, or stress.
Therefore, it’s important to have a good diet, get enough sleep. And thus, reduce stress levels.
Although having dark circles is not a serious skin problem. Yet, this skin discoloration makes you look tired and unhealthy.
They cannot be erased completely. But, you can easily lighten the darkness, by regularly performing an easy yoga exercise routine, applying home remedies, and using makeup and skin products.
DESIblitz recommends some of the most effective ways of preventing the appearance of dark circles.
Yoga Exercise Routine
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise to reduce stress levels and get the mind, body, and soul to be in its most relaxed state.
Illustratively, known as the ‘clock face’ yoga routine, this exercise will give a healthy glow to the eye area.
It involves looking up towards the ceiling, then slowly moving your eyeballs anti-clockwise, taking it one by one. From 2 o’clock to 5 o’clock. At 6 o’clock, you look down towards the floor. Then continue all the way to 12 o’ clock.
Next, repeat the routine. But this time move your eyeballs clockwise. Once complete, close your eyes and allow a little rest, then open them again. You will feel relaxed.
Tomatoes are a great skin lighting agent, which lighten darkness around the eyes.
- Mix one tablespoon of tomato juice with one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Grab a cotton wool, soak it in the liquid, and apply it on your eyes, covering your under eyes and your eyelids.
- Leave this on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
You can even try drinking if you don’t want to apply it.
Raw Potato Remedy
Raw potato contains bleaching agents, which will reduce the puffiness around the eyes, and lighten the dark circles.
- Extract the juice from one or two potatoes. You can do this by grating them. To apply the potato cold and chilled, put it in the fridge the night before.
- Apply the juice on a cotton wool, and gently dab it on the eyes, making sure to cover the whole eye area.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, do this for up to 2-3 weeks to see the results.
Almond Oil Remedy
Almond oil is an all-rounder. Beneficial for your food, skin, hair and face, providing you nutrition.
- Apply almond oil with a cotton pad over the dark circles, and leave it on overnight. In addition, gently massaging the oil under the eyes, improves blood circulation, which decreases the appearance of dark veins.
- Applying Vaseline on top is optional. But, it is beneficial if you want to seal the oil. In particular, if you have dry skin, it helps prevent the oil from drying.
- Wash it off with cold water the next morning.
Moving on, DESIblitz also recommends Makeup to conceal the dark circles.
A colour corrector is used before applying Makeup.
With a range of different shades, the corrector must match your skin tone, and gently blended on the dark discoloration areas.
For a fair to light skin tone, opt out for a peach shade corrector. For example, the NYX colour correcting palette includes a peach/pink shade.
South Asians with a darker or olive based skin tone, an orange colour will do justice, and this colour can also be found in the NYX range.
Other brands, such as Anastasia Beverley Hills, Bare Minerals, and MAC, work just as well.
In addition, for the dark circles’ solution, no list is completed without eye creams.
Under eye creams are a popular way of slowly fading the shadowy circles, and preventing them from further darkening.
For example, the Clinique Prep Start Eye Cream is known to reduce puffiness around the eyes and dark circles. With its fragrance-free ingredients, this formula is known to revitalise eyes and leave them looking brighter.
Further, L’Oreal Revitalift Laser Renew Precision Eye Cream also contains many ingredients, which contributes in minimising the under eye darkness. This product has multi purposes. It not only reduces the eye bags but, also reduces the appearance of wrinkles, as it contains Hyaluronic acid:
“Replumps: Enriched with Hyaluronic acid, an effective moisture magnet found naturally in skin, for a stimulating effect. The appearance of wrinkles is reduced,” says the brand.
Using under eye creams and home made treatments are options for reducing the dark circles. Meanwhile, makeup products are a great way to temporarily conceal them.
Paying attention to your health, getting enough sleep, eating the right kind of foods, as well as exercising regularly, are also equally important.
You may not see results in one day. But, consistency will help you walk free from darkness!