Eyes are the first thing that attracts a person to you. One can say a lot by just looking at someone’s eyes. Even the simplest and barest of make up can look smashingly beautiful if the eye makeup is correctly applied. But all said and done, if the beauty is more than skin deep, it can reflect easily and the make up will achieve a more glorious effect.
Dark circles or eye circles are dark blemishes around the eyes. The cause of these can be heredity or by anemia, allergies, asthma, fatigue or even age.
As you can see from the photo of Rani Mukherjee on the left without any makeup that even the Bollywood stars are not immune from this kind of problem. It’s evident that this problem is skin deep in many and requires attention like any other area of skin health.
Till date, there has been no end-to-all cure for the removal of these kind of dark circles around the eyes. There are many man-made products on market trying to tackle the problem with varied results. More importantly, there are also natural and alternative remedies available. Here are some well known examples to help you address those dark circles around the eyes.
- Put used teabags under the eyes, drinking plenty of fluids and a lot of rest can suffice.
- Massage almond oil with honey around the eyes before going to bed. This will lighten the skin around eyes and brighten it considerably.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off the darkness.
- Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water, apply around the eyes, and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for short periods of time.
- Have a good sleep everyday, for around 6-8 hours daily.
- A good makeup can also help. Here is an example:
- Apply skin primer to the area you want to conceal. If you are using foundation all over, apply skin primer all over face.
- Layer two tones of concealer – start with a lighter tone to neutralize darkness, working into the skin with a concealer brush, blending it at the edges to avoid hard lines.
- Then gently pad a shade close to your skin tone over the top.
- Once the event is over, gently wash your face. Use a pore cleanser and a face wash.
A word of caution – Any doctor worth their salt will tell you, dark circles under the eyes can be possibly a symptom of a larger problem. So if in doubt, please do consult your doctor.
So, hopefully, these tips will help you free yourselves from the dark circles and let your eyes do the talking!