Man jailed for Rape of Woman after Knifepoint Threats

A 27-year-old man has been jailed after he threatened a woman at knifepoint. He then proceeded to rape his victim.

Man Jailed for 14 Years for Rape of Woman

"Ahmed's actions were absolutely appalling."

Bodor Ahmed, aged 27, of London, has been jailed for 14 years after previously pleading guilty to rape, threatening a person with a knife and sexual assault.

Snaresbrook Crown Court heard that on July 19, 2020, Ahmed left Canning Town Underground Station at around 10:20 pm.

He approached a 29-year-old woman who was walking along St Ives Place in Tower Hamlets.

Ahmed threatened her with a knife before forcing her into a residential property where he proceeded to rape and also sexually assault the victim despite her repeated pleas for him to stop.

A concerned member of the public called the police after seeing Ahmed threaten the woman outside the building.

Officers arrived at the scene and found the victim in extreme distress. Specialist care was then arranged for her.

Ahmed had attempted to evade authorities by making his way through an underground car park but was confronted by cops who managed to detain him there.

A large kitchen knife was found near the scene.

He was arrested and taken into custody before pleading guilty to the charges, including rape, on September 1, 2020.

On November 30, 2021, Ahmed was sentenced to 14 years in prison.

The case was investigated by London’s Metropolitan Police.

Detective Constable Robert Burkin, who worked on the case, said:

“Ahmed’s actions were absolutely appalling.

“He armed himself with a knife before carrying out an unprovoked attack on a defenceless woman for his own perverse gratification.

“I would like to praise the victim for the bravery and integrity she has shown throughout the investigation.

“This was a terrifying ordeal, but I do hope this sentence will give her some sense of closure.”

“I would also like to thank the member of the public who called police when they saw the woman in distress.

“Their quick thinking meant officers could respond swiftly and arrest Ahmed at the scene.”

It comes after two men were recently jailed for a total of 16 years after carrying out and filming a sexual attack on a woman.

Rameen Farooqy and Pankaj Bangarh had denied the sexual assault and attempted rape allegations lodged against them by their then 18-year-old victim.

However, video clips played at Southampton Crown Court, showed her being assaulted and lying naked on the floor of a hotel room.

The pair were subsequently charged with attempted rape and sexual assault at Southampton Crown Court.

Naina is a journalist interested in Scottish Asian news. She enjoys reading, karate and independent cinema. Her motto is "Live like others don't so you can live like others won't."

What's New



  • Polls

    Do you like Gurdas Maan most for his

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...
  • Share to...