The remedy has been used in South Asia for centuries
When it comes to eyelashes, they are one aspect of the face which have been admired for centuries. In South Asia, longer and fuller eyelashes are a symbol of natural of beauty.
However, not everyone is naturally gifted with such eyelashes so there is a need to enhance their look to give them a fuller body and length.
Long lashes are not just the icon of beautiful and attractive eyes but also work as a natural guard against dust to avoid damage to your eyes.
In the west, it is common to use eyelash extensions or dense mascaras to get the same effect. But South Asia offers some great natural Desi remedies to help with enhancing eyelashes.
Herbal products and natural remedies are still very popular in South Asia even today and the centuries-old grandma’s Desi methods are a great way to achieve long and fuller eyelashes.
Remember these are not instant fixes either. Because they can take time to yield results. So, patience is needed with these remedies.
We bring you a list of such remedies to enhance your eyelashes naturally without any chemicals or side-effects.
Castor Oil and Lemon
This remedy is made with simple ingredients, namely lemon and castor oil.
Lemon has incredible health and beauty benefits.
Castor oil is made from pressed from castor seeds found in the tropical Ricinus communis plant. It is very rich in vitamin E.
Being full of more fatty acids than most other plant-based oils, castor oil is extremely effective to help replenish skin and hair. Hence, why it is good for eyelashes.
It has been used for centuries by the Egyptians and in Ayurvedic medicine.
You can buy the castor oil from local health stores or pharmacists and lemon are available from any grocery store.
- Slice the lemon into quarter pieces
- Take 1-2 tablespoon castor oil put it into a non-airtight container
- Put one piece of lemon in it but don’t squeeze it
- Place the container in a cool and dark place for a week
- After the week, take out the piece of lemon
- Slowly massage the lemon covered in oil over your eyelids and lashes before sleeping
- Avoid squeezing any lemon juice out from the lemon otherwise, it will sting your eyes from the citrus.
This remedy can also be very effective for dark circles below the eyes.
Create the remedy and apply it regularly every night. You should see some results in about one month.
Coconut, Almond and Castor Oil
Oils are the key ingredients of this remedy. They are well known for their health benefits as well as being used for beauty care.
Almond oil has many health benefits as well as enhancing your beauty regime including treatment for dry skin, puffy eyes, dark circles and acne.
Coconut oil is very beneficial for hair. Especially dry and dull lifeless hair. It is also used as a body scrub and face mask.
So, for this Desi remedy for your eyelashes, we are combining them. You will need pure almond oil, coconut oil and castor oil.
These should be available in your cupboards at home but if not, you can get them from a Desi store or health store easily.
These oils are known for their naturally enhancing properties and when combined can make a very good beauty tonic.
- Pour one spoon of castor oil into a plate or small container
- Add a few drops of pure almond to the castor oil
- Add a few drops of coconut oil to the oil mixture
- Make sure your face and eyes are free from makeup and your eyelashes are clean and dry
- Take a cotton wool swab and apply a little of the mixture to your eyelashes at night
Apply this remedy daily.
Aloe Vera, Olive Oil and Castor Oil
The main ingredient in this remedy for longer and fuller eyelashes is Aloe Vera.
It is a plant and “Aleo gel’ is extracted from the leaf which is the beneficial aspect of this plant, which has used for centuries and very popular today.
A study which was published in the Indian Journal of Dermatology states Aloe Vera goes back to Egyptian times and was known as the “plant of immortality.”
The Aloe Vera is accompanied by olive oil and castor oil to make this remedy.
- Add one teaspoon Aloe Vera and mix it with a half teaspoon olive oil into a small container or plate
- Then add two teaspoons of castor oil and mix in well
- Apply this thick serum before going to bed with the help of mascara brush to your eyelashes
Apply this remedy daily so it works on your eyelashes overnight.
Yoghurt, Mustard Oil and Coconut Oil
Yoghurt as well as being healthy food is a well-known natural ingredient used for beauty care in South Asia. Some people even wash their hair with yoghurt due to its benefits.
Mustard oil is also used for head massages and cooking too in some rural parts of South Asian countries.
This Desi remedy for longer and fuller eyelashes can aim to give you results are 14 days if applied daily.
- Take half teaspoon yoghurt and add a few drops of both oils into a container with a lid
- Put the lid on and shake it well until it is all mixed.
- Apply the mixture to your eyelashes daily
Applying this mixture at bedtime could be the best time to avoid your eyes looking strange to people!
You should see results after about two weeks if this remedy is right for you.
Egg, Yoghurt and Castor Oil
Eggs are full of protein. Protein is great for hair, especially the white part of the egg and not the yolk. So, this remedy includes the use of eggs.
In addition, you will use ingredients used in other remedies, namely, castor oil and yoghurt.
The remedy has been used in South Asia for centuries and can be effective if applied correctly and for long enough.
- Crack one egg and separate the egg white from the yolk
- Pour the egg white into a small bowl
- Add a few drops of the castor oil in it and mix well into a paste
- Add half teaspoon yoghurt and mix in to make it dense.
- Once mixed, apply it to daily your eyelashes, preferably at night time.
You should see some results in about a month of usage if this remedy works for you.
These Desi remedies are examples of how you can use perfectly natural ingredients to help you get longer and fuller eyelashes.
Of course, it may be quicker to buy extensions or use extremely thick mascara. But if you want a more healthy and longer lasting approach, give these remedies a go and you may just find your eyelashes looking longer and much fuller.