DESIblitz Job: Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Website Tribe Recruitment
I am looking for a Junior Cyber Security Analyst to join a fast-growing Secure Operations Centre (SOC), based in Leeds. The role will involve working in a team that is responsible for delivering a Managed Detection and Response service to a diverse client base, investigating and resolving security incidents, performing threat hunting, and assisting with security improvements. In addition you will learn to implement and manage a wide range of security products, including firewalls, web filters, IDS/IPS, and code review and vulnerability assessment tools.
This is a junior/entry-level position that will provide full training to the successful candidate to allow them to progress their career and be part of the company’s Cybersecurity’s growth.
As this is a junior position we are looking for general aptitude in addition to any relevant experience the candidate may already possess, so we welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds with a passion for the cyber security industry and a keen desire to improve their knowledge.
This role would be suitable for candidates with the following backgrounds, although this list is not exhaustive and integration with the team and a willingness to learn are the most desirable qualities:
• Some hands-on IT experience (e.g., as part of a previous role or through structured learning)
• Exposure to cyber security principles through self-study
• Recent graduates (cyber security or forensics degrees would be suitable, as would technically-focused subjects such as physics)
The ability to form effective and positive working relationships with customers, suppliers, and colleagues within a fast-paced organisation is key, as well as the ability to familiarise yourself quickly with emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
• Maintain the systems which support our SOC, including SIEM tools
• Conduct alert-based investigations and threat hunting
• Update threat intelligence indicators and use open source research to improve detection capabilities
• Ongoing tuning of SIEM tools
• Incident handling, including advising clients from initial alert through to remediation of underlying issues
• Vulnerability assessment • Configuration and management of network security products
• Participate in an on-call rota to ensure clients are protected 24 x 7 x 365
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Vitality Health private health insurance
Salary dependent on experience
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.