DESIblitz Job: Junior Data Engineer
Website Mirai Tech Recruitment
Junior Data Engineer
A market leading data and technology company are looking for a Data Engineer to join the growing team at their Manchester base. Already working with an impressive list of clients on a constant stream of exciting projects, the company are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic programmer with a keen interest in data.
You’ll be working with the data engineering team whose main function is developing a real-time data processing and analytics system for the company’s data platform. You will be working on complex problems in a challenging and fun environment, using some of the latest Big Data open source technologies.
Skills and experience:
- 1+ year of programming experience, either professionally or as part of a relevant degree.
- OOP language experience: Python, Java, Ruby, Scala (preferable).
- SQL databasing knowledge.
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- An understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and upskill.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent working as part of a team and independently.
Nice to have:
- Scala/Apache Spark/Hadoop
- Exposure to Source Control, e.g. GitHub, Sourcetree and Bitbucket.
- Experience with and knowledge of infrastructure automation.
- Agile development practice knowledge
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic and close-knit team and work on some super exciting projects. As a company who stay true to their start-up roots, employees are truly valued and the tech and methodologies used are always cutting edge.
Interviewing this week so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think you’d be a good fit! Grads welcome to apply!!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.