DESIblitz Job: Software Design Engineer
Website Bupa Dental Care
Want to work with a company Forbes have named one of the world's best employers? In a workplace where you can proudly bring your whole self to work and contribute to the success of a truly global healthcare brand?
UK based – Remote role with occasional travel to Bristol.
Due to significant growth, we are looking for talented individuals to join our Development Team to help design, build and maintain bespoke software applications for the Bupa Dental Care.
As part of an Agile Scrum team, you will work closely with the Software Development Team, Products Owners and Business Analysts to deliver bespoke software solutions across the Bupa Dental Care application suite.
You will work across the entire SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) from refinement of requirements (User Stories) through to live delivery.
What we are looking for:
- You will have an in-depth understanding of software development best practices and knowledge of the tools needed to debug and diagnose issues in any type of environment
- You will be able to perform complex programming tasks involving, participating in code reviews, approving small features, and producing and delivering test plans
- You will have the ability to write function specifications for small features
- You will be confident guiding junior members of the team and providing constructive feedback
- You will help drive innovation by staying up to date with relevant technologies.
- .NET Web API
- Unit Testing
Experience with the following would be desirable:
- C# .NET
- Teamwork oriented working ways: pair programming, mob programming
- Entity Framework
- Dapper or other ORMs
- CI/CD with Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Azure
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive starting salary with annual reviews
- Free personal development courses
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Long service recognition
- Free car park (Bristol Support Centre)
- Brand new comfortable office space
- Flexible working
Healthier Bodies & Healthier Minds
- Access to Gympass, a flexible, monthly subscription service giving you access to national multisite gyms, online live classes, fitness & wellbeing apps and 1-2-1 training sessions
- Free access to the Bupa Be.Me health app, which provides personalised guidance and support on your health & wellbeing with mental health services through SilverCloud Health included
- Free access to Digital GP in partnership with Babylon. You have access to an unlimited number of appointments 24/7, normally available within two hours.
- 24/7 free access to Healthy Minds for you and your immediate family. Talk to a counsellor about any challenges you face at home or at work – whether you are having a bad day or want help with personal goals.
- 24/7 free access to Anytime Healthline. Our confidential 24/7 service offers unlimited telephone consultations with our teams of GPs and nurses, every day of the year. It's open to your immediate family and can also be used for advice on staying healthy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Discounted travel vaccinations
- Access to mental health support network and personal energy training sessions
- Discounted dental insurance which can be extended to immediate family members
- Discounted health assessment
Healthier Places & Healthier Culture
- Be you at Bupa, our diversity & inclusion network
- Opportunities to get involved with the Bupa Foundation
- Opportunities to support our charity partner, Dentaid
- Our approach to Mental Health in the workplace
- Reward & Recognition schemes linked to our Bupa Values
- Discounts clothing, food, petrol and holidays through My Bupa Perks
- Additional day of annual leave for your wedding day
- Career breaks for long service
- Health & Safety support network
We're proud to have been named in the LinkedIn Top Companies Where the UK Wants to Work 2019, the Forbes World's best employers, and in the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers list.
If you or someone you know would be interested in working with a dynamic and expanding healthcare business as a Practice Manager, with lots of support on offer, great benefits and friendly teams, we would love to hear from you!
Bupa Dental Care is an equal opportunities employer.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.