DESIblitz Job: Engineering Coordinator
Website Detail 2 Recruitment Limited
Engineer Coordinator – Manufacturing & Engineering – Greater Manchester- £45,612
About the Company
Our client an established and leading FMCG manufacturing business based in Greater Manchester are looking for an Engineer Coordinator to join their business.
As Engineering Coordinator, you will oversee and carry out effective changeovers to the adherence of the changeover procedure, ensuring products are processed to high-quality standards complying with all customs & excise trading standards adhering to customer specifications and time requirements.
Engineer Coordinator – The Rewards
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- On-site free car parking
- Training and progression opportunities
Engineer Coordinator – Requirements
- A recognised indentured apprenticeship followed by several years’ experience within a packaging industry
- Experience of good manufacturing practices and modern manufacturing techniques and implementation of systems and procedures for improved manufacturing performance
- A minimum of 5 years employment in a related field and have a comprehensive knowledge of most plant and procedures
- Practical Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Knowledge to include the use of SAP is desirable
- People Management Skills
Engineer Coordinator – Responsibilities
- Overseeing and carrying out effective changeovers to the adherence of the Changeover procedure
- Monitoring and recording performance of changeovers
- Carrying out training and skill assessments during changeovers
- Liaising Planning, Production and Quality departments during line handovers
- Developing change over procedures, tooling and department skills to maximize the effectiveness of change overs
- Ensuring product is bottled to the highest possible quality standards and complies with all Customs & Excise trading standards requirements and meets the needs of the customers specifications and time requirements.
- Assisting the Engineering Shift Manager in the management and control of costs in line with budgeted requirements and to deputise in his absence
- Maximising production output through effective rectification of machine faults, preventative maintenance work and continuous improvement activities
- Identifying, planning and implementing a continuous training and development program in line with IIP principles, which enhances process departmental and people skills
- Recommending, supporting and introducing improvement initiatives to improve departmental, team and individual performance and efficiencies.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to (url removed)/privacy-policy
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.