DESIblitz Job: Underwriter
Website Employment Specialists Ltd
A major Group with a specialist Underwriting business, and a strong and sustainable profit margin, is looking for another experienced Financial Lines Underwriter to join their successful team.
Their success is built on expertise, excellent relationships, strong products and market leading IT which provides ease and speed of decision making.
While this offers tremendous benefits, their knowledge and products combined with a willingness to do business, sets them apart which is why they have long standing Broker relationships – which are successful for both parties.
You will be working in a small, well established team that is incredibly supportive, enabling you to successfully write a range of new and renewal risks in the Financial Lines market.
As a Financial Lines Underwriter your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a profitable Underwriting service to your clients.
- Underwrite, quote and bind FL new and renewal business.
- Reviewing submissions, policy wording and reports to determine the degree of risk for each account.
- Calculating premium by considering the risk as well as the Underwriting and general costs to ensure profitability.
- Deal with referral and complex risks.
- Proactively advising, servicing and following up with clients on Insurance and Risk Management matters to ensure satisfaction and fulfillment of their Insurance requirements.
- Effective relationship management to initiate opportunities for cross-selling products and ensuring account retention.
- Timely implementation of new and renewed accounts according to quality standards.
- Reviewing loss control reports and managing policy endorsement requests to process any necessary changes to the policy.
- Monitor premium income to ensure it remains within set limits.
- Maintain awareness of all claims advised while supporting and providing input on settlement.
- Acting as a referral point for junior members of the team.
- Dealing efficiently with Broker’s queries as they arise
- Assisting in preparing weekly and monthly reports
- Reinforcing partnerships and relationships with brokers.
To be a successful Underwriter you will demonstrate:
- Proven experience of underwriting Financial Lines Insurance
- Technical knowledge of Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers insurance
- Ability to competently work with Microsoft Software office applications
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with brokers, insureds, colleagues and others
- Analytical decision making
- High self-motivation
You will benefit from a very good salary and progression structure plus strong bonus and exceptional benefits package.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.