DESIblitz Job: Trainee Recruitment Consultant
Website Smile Education Recruitment
Due to growth, we are hiring a number of Recruitment Consultants (no or limited experienced required) to work for Smile Education based in Birmingham City Centre. Working for a market leading, award winning education agency you will have the opportunity to earn a basic salary of between £20-22k (based on experience) with an extremely attractive commission structure where you will earn bonus from day one!
Smile Education is one of the most recognised brands in the West Midlands for education recruitment and we have previously been awarded ‘Recruitment Company of The Year’ by APSCo and are heavily involved within community and charity work. You will be joining a very welcoming, friendly and sociable team of circa 30 employees who boast over 200 years of recruitment between us! We work hard but play hard too!
As a Recruitment Consultant you will be recruiting staff on a temporary and permanent basis for schools. You will be recruiting for a variety of roles such as Teachers, Cover Supervisors and Teaching Assistants.
This is a full 360 recruitment opportunity where you will be responsible for growing a portfolio of clients, both warm and cold, booking meetings with them persuading them to use Smile Education as a recruitment supplier and then fill vacancies for your clients. Additionally to business development, you will write job adverts, monitor job applications, search for suitable candidates, screen CV’s, interview, and working with a dedicated compliance/admin team ensure your candidates are ‘compliant’ to work within an education environment.
This role will be split between office and remote working so flexibility is on offer.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES – WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Achieve set KPI’s and targets on a weekly basis
- Cold calling for prospective new business with schools/academies
- Lead generation through various sources
- Manage existing client’s requirements
- Conduct client meetings, promoting Smile Education services
- Negotiate fees and contracts
- Write job adverts and publish online
- Manage job board applications, speaking to active candidates
- Search for passive candidates via social media, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Conduct telephone and face to face interviews with candidates
- Work alongside the specialised compliance and admin team to ensure the candidates are fully compliant to; this will include requesting and checking references, processing DBS checks etc.
- Format CV’s to be sent to clients in a professional way
- Work proactively and at speed to fill client’s vacancy requirements
- Liaise with clients and candidates and set up interviews
- Previous sales experience or a degree in a business/sales focussed area
- Comfortable working in a pressurised, targeted and fast paced environment
- Investigative in nature, experience of asking open questions, getting people to talk
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate with the ability to use MS Office pick up new systems
- Highly organised with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional, sociable and friendly
- Punctual and reliable
SEPTEMBER START DATE
Term time – 7am – 5pm (changes to 7.30am – 4.30pm after probation)
School Holidays – 9am – 3.30pm
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***
EXTENSIVE LIST OF BENEFITS (OVER 40!) WHICH CAN BE PROVIDED BUT JUST A FEW INCLUDE
- £20-22k basic salary dependant on experience
- Very attractive and uncapped commission structure with no threshold (earn from day one!)
- 24-35 days annual leave (Dependent on experience) plus all Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off!
- Annual summer holiday for EVERYONE in the business (previous locations have included Barcelona, Ibiza and Mallorca)
- 3.30pm finish in school holidays and 4pm finish EVERY Friday
- Split working week between home and modern city centre office
- On site modern gym with extended lunch break to ‘freshen up’ in the state-of-the-art changing facilities
- Lots of opportunities to work with charities and support with fundraising and events
- Support from an approachable management team and business which boasts over 200 years recruitment experience
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv to (url removed) and call me on (phone number removed)
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.